“OlD/UNCLEAN/IN NEED OF MAJOR REPAIRS!!!”

Knights Inn & Suites ST Clairesville
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotel would do well to put all the construction workers who stay there to start renovating this hotel.
As usual we had a long drive and opted to settle for first hotel we came to and get a good night's sleep on a Monday night.
When we arrived the parking lot was full of highway construction vehicles and most of the lot was stone & gravel.
The clerk offered us a smoking room for 99.00 plus tax on 2nd floor.
The lobby was small,unclean and a small room for the morning breakfast. We noticed people coming in and out of elevators with personal
belonging like radios s and electronic equipment. It looked like some people were living here for extended periods.
The elevator had a sign saying floor was being repaired and it was dirty and dusty in there.It took forever for elevator to move up 1 floor.We thought it was standing still.
The second floor smelled cooked food and carpets filthy.
The room was bit of a shocker.
The TV did not work...no signal.
A couple of cupboard doors were hanging loose on it's hinges at 45 degree angle. The flourescent light over the bed kept flashing on and off. The phone on night ta ble had a flashing red light that wouldn't quit so we had to cover it with a sweater. The window facing parking lot was dirty and had streaks in it.
After putting our bags down we decided to go in the underground basement and check out the pool.
What a joke that was. We opened these 2 old wooden doors and walked into a steamy smelly area and a lady was in pool with her son. Pool looked dirty. We looked in corner and there was an empty jacuzzi with yellow tape around it saying under repairs. The lady in pool said that it has b een taped off for a long time. We assumed she either comes here often or lives here to know that. We immediately got out of there and across from elevators was 2 more doors with dark shades on it withj a sign that said "Bar Inside" and we could hear loud noises and heavy metal music coming from inside.We didn't even bother to open the door as it sounded pretty rawdy in there. We went back to room and went to sleep.
At 5:30 AM the clock radio. Beside the. Bed kept going on and couldn't shut it off.Had to pull the plug on it.
Bathroom had no soap or shampoo. Lucky we had our own spare soap with us.
We checked out and bypassed the free breakfast as it didn't look too healthy.Not your family hotel b ut has its purpose I guess for highway workers who sleep there.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Atmman
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn & Suites ST Clairesville

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I honestly feared for my safety and that of my friends. Head the warnings from these reviews, and DO NOT STAY HERE. It was 2am and I'd been driving home from DC, so we were all really tired and ready to stay anywhere. We should've just parked at a rest stop! Simply: Horrible, filthy, rank hotel. I am not a stuck up person, believe me, I've stayed at some ramshackle places, but here I actually felt in danger. Why? BECAUSE OF THE HUGE MIRROR behind the beds that I'm 99% sure was a two-way mirror. Not only did it have no gap between my fingernail reflection, but there looked like there was something behind it when I cupped my hands around my eye to look in, and it felt/sounded a bit hollow when I rapped on it. I didn't do the flashlight test due to not having one, but after I tested it, my friend looked out in the hall to see what was next to us (what room would be behind the mirror - just in case we were over-thinking this) IT WAS A SIMPLE UNMARKED DOOR. Not only that, but after she came back in, INSTANTLY the door opens and a man started pacing the hall in front of our door. (he was in that room behind ours!) We were at the end of the hall on the third floor, so this was more than a little unnerving. We exchanged glances and started speaking normally about how we were probably wrong and just paranoid, but "hey, wouldn't some late night breakfast be great?" As soon as we couldn't hear him out there or see the shadow passing the door, we gathered up our things (most of them - we left just some clothes and a make up bag in case he was watching us again) and left for Denny's. We stayed there a few hours and then bought a baseball bat at Walmart, caught an hours rest in the walmart parking lot, then when the sun had risen and with the bat in hand, we went back for the last of our things and dropped the keys at the front before making a very hasty departure. NEVER. AND I MEAN NEVER, EVER, EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT IN MY LIFE. IT IS DANGEROUS AND DISGUSTING. We didn't get our money back because I felt it was best not to confront them and possibly cause them to become desperate enough to do more than whatever they intended to do behind that glass. KEEP IN MIND THAT HOTEL WORKERS HAVE THE KEYS TO THE ROOMS IN WHICH YOU SLEEP. I cannot stress enough: WE WERE SAFER IN OUR CAR IN THE WALMART PARKING LOT (And we all know parking lots are not the safest places, especially for three women in our twenties, but it was FAR SAFER THAN THAT HOTEL. I am a psychology graduate student, I am a careful observer of humans; I don't easily over react. Please read all these reviews and DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. I will be contacting the authorities about my suspicions.

Room Tip: GO ANYWHERE ELSE. The red roof inn is not far away.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Clarabelle_C
Reviewed July 6, 2012

It has been about a year since our stay at this hotel, and NEVER again would I stay there. The room was dirty. There was a wooden piece off of a stand just laying on the floor propped up and there were several DIRTY tissues from someone elses stay around it in plain view where housekeeping could not have possibly missed it, the carpet had lots of debri on it and had obviously not been vacuumed for some time, dirty dried sticky food on the stands and body hairs all over the bathroom floor. Then we noticed when we turned out the light that we had a good bit of light coming in the room from around the door. Went over and looked and realized that the door was hanging angled with the upper hinge broke and it left and good inch gap on right lower half of door where anyone who wanted to could look right in the room! Called front desk and asked for another room where we couldn't be stared at by a wierdo when we were sleeping. He argued door could not have a problem but after I kept insisting it did have a problem he sourly said he would come look and he finally came to the room. He looked at the door and turned back to me and said it was not broke. Obviously he saw what we saw, but insisted there was no gap even though you could see in the hallway clearly with it shut! He refused to do anything about it, stating that he didn't know what I was talking about, and refused to give us a different room even though there were hardly any cars in the parking lot and they obviously had plenty of vacent rooms being that we checked in late at night. We got a short nap, just long enough to be able to drive the rest of our trip, and left there early because the room was so dirty we were worried if it even had clean sheets and just wanted out of there. I've stayed at many hotels and this is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. I worked at a hotel at the time and this place was so nasty I took pictures of the room just to show to my coworkers how horrible this room was figuring they'd never believe how dirty it was without them, and they were disgusted as well!!! Do not stay here unless you like filthy rooms, bad customer service, and the possibility of a wierdo staring at you while you sleep!!! If I could give it zero stars I would, but you have to click on at least one to review it. Zero stars is my true rating!!!

Room Tip: Hotel is nasty!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christy T
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This place is nasty.The elevator is slow and smells like stale alcohol.Walls and carpets are stained. Using the stairs is like walking through a urinal. The room was heavily sprayed but that wore off by morning.The sheets on the bed were not tucked in. The bathroom sink still had previous guests soap scum all over it. The indoor pool-with the broken spa-is next to a cheesy bar,which is great when you have kids who want to swim. The breakfast is a joke.Hostess doughnuts and some cereal.Coffee tasted like they made several pots through one filter. I will say that the night clerk was friendly and helpful,but thats all this place has going for it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott G
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Booked at the last minute and this was the only room I could find nearby. Rooms absolutely horrible; lights burnt out, only overhead lighting, alarm clock didn't work, phone didn't work, shower made a horrible noise, and worst of all there were pet hairs all over the bedspread and linens in my room. They did not have the room I requested upon arriaval and put me in a queen room which was no bigger than the bed itself. There is a small posting somewhere at the front desk that says no refunds can be issued more than 15 minutes after check-in, however, the elevator takes 5 minutes to get anywhere. I suspect this is to stop folks from seeing what they got into... Words cannot express enough how horrible this hotel is.

Room Tip: Biggest tip I can give is do not stay here ever
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank wesleybean
Reviewed May 1, 2012

You would do better sleeping in your car- this hotel is extremely dirty. With all of the reviews written, you would think they would at least take time and clean the hotel. It is unfortunate that I didn't take the time to read the reviews before I booked this place. The bathroom was so dirty that the white blow dryer had black fingerprints- the bottom of the tub had black footprints all over what was once the white tub. Food crumbs were on the carpet in the room. The stairwell was filthy- used the stairs because the elevator was sooooo sloooow. I think you get the picture. Do not waste your money- stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marion T
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Overall pretty good. Indoor pool in the basement. Rooms are actually a little nicer than im use to in other Choice hotels. Almost always have smoking rooms available. Too bad the bar downstairs closed, I have heard it reopened, but I have not been back since I heard that. The service is pretty good. Only downfall is the Breakfast kind of sucks. Usually mini doughnuts and mini muffins. and cereal. I have always had a fridge in every room I was in without requesting it. I have been here about 3-4 times in the past Yr. Overall 8 out of 10

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple