“Hampton Inn St Clairsville, OH”

Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I come to St. Clairsville every year on business. One year I ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Express because I made my reservations too late. It made me appreciate this hotel more. The Hampton Inn was very clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly. If you are ever in this area, I would highly recommend this hotel. Great value for the dollar!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marci K
HamptonStClairsville, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello Marci,
Thank you for all the wonderful praise in your review!
Thank you for staying with us and for recommending us!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

this is a nice hotel a very friendly and helpful staff. The problem was the parking, a bar and restuarant were in the hotel and this made the parking very limited and you had to park very far from the door. With this being winter and the snow and ice like it was this just was not convenient with as much as this room costs. I think it was overpriced especially when there was nothing in the kitchen to use such as forks spoons a bowl or cup all the other hiltons furnish all of that.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edward U
HamptonStClairsville, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hello Edward,
Thank you for staying with us and recognizing our friendly staff.
I am sorry that our parking lot was so full the day of your stay, and also that there were no utensils in your room. If you should ever need a bowl, utensils, or anything else, please call us at the front desk and we will gladly locate it for you and bring it up to your room.
Thank you again for staying with us and also for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The hotel was unable to accommodate my request for adjoining suites, which was frustrating. The rooms are a bit run down, though I appreciated the microwave and fridge in the room. We stayed on the 1st floor, and at the end of the hall by a door that someone kept propping open to smoke outside, which resulted in a cold wind tunnel of foul smoke and cold air rushing user our door. They should make that door emergency exit only, it was smelly and a drag. The bed comfort was ok. The staff were nice. Just really pricey for what you get. I have paid less for way nice 4 star hotels in Chicago. The frackers seem plentiful, so, there is a lot of demand for the room, keeping the prices artificially elevated.

Room Tip: Don't stay on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HamptonStClairsville, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hi Hippocampi,
Thank you for reviewing us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with several things during your stay, and I am looking into all issues that you named.
I will look into any further signs for the hallway doors.
I am sorry that someone staying that night also was not following the non smoking rules and was inconsiderate of other guests by propping the door open. The doors are marked “no smoking” and are fire exits currently, but I will look into any further signs that may help clarify this.
Thank you complimenting the staff and the micro and fridge in the room.
I am once again, very sorry that you had issues during your stay and will investigate all of them.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Fine for the money and plenty of shopping available plus lots of medium priced restaurants in the area. Getting a bit old and needs some remodeling. Carpets are a bit worn and our room had unrepaired damage to the bathroom door.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonStClairsville, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hello 473dennisn,
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!
I am sorry to hear that your room had maintenance issues that needed resolved, I assure you that I am getting with my maintenance engineers to look into your concerns.Thank you for letting us know so we have the opportunity to address these issues.
I am glad that you thought we were priced fairly, and that shopping/dining were plentiful.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was very pleased with the hotel staff as well as the quality of the Hampton Hotel. A very affordable Hotel stay, with professional staff, and overall excellent quality hotel room. Clean and comfortable, I would stay again and recommend someone to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonStClairsville, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you Scott!
I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and were pleased with not only our facilities, but also our staff!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I think they are a little too expensive for a Hampton Inn but the staff is friendly and the location is nice with restaurants and shopping very close to the hotel. I stay in Hampton Inn properties 80 nights per year and this is one of the better hotels in the chain.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonStClairsville, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you again for staying with us and for putting us on the top of your Hampton list!
It means alot to hear a seasoned traveller putting us high on their list!
I am sorry you were not happy with the initial rate; it does fluctuate somewhat during busier times.
Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Very nice, clean hotel. It was very cold and windy winter night during our stay and we noticed a fair amount of cold air leakage around the through the wall HVAC unit. Breakfast was excellent. The staff was very helpful and out check-in and check-out was smooth and quick. Through the wall HVAC unit was a bit noisy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonStClairsville, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
I am very sorry to hear about the cool air from around the HVAC unit, and I am letting our maintenance engineers know there is an issue in that room. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I truly appreciate you making me aware there was an issue.
I am glad that you were pleased by our staff and found them very helpful, and also that you found us clean, and breakfast excellent.
Thank you again for taking the time review us and letting me know there was an issue.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Hampton Inn Wheeling
Hampton Inn Wheeling
#1 of 8 in Wheeling
Comfort Inn Saint Clairsville
Comfort Inn Saint Clairsville
#7 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. C...
#4 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Candlewood Suites St. Clairsville
Candlewood Suites St. Clairsvill...
#8 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wheeling-St. Clairsville, OH
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wheeling-...
#12 of 15 in Saint Clairsville

Been to Hampton Inn St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!