Inn at Brandywine Falls
$109
$119
TripAdvisor
$89
All reviewswonderful hostsother guestsoatmealbike trailpleasant conversationfarm houseshort walkhistoric charmcomfortable furniturebreakfast is servedwalking trailsthree nightsthis past weekendgoatslofthaleblossom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our visit to this charmingly restored and updated 1848 farmhouse was an enjoyable, very relaxing getaway. When my husband hears the words "historic B&B" he cringes, imagining dim, inconvenient rooms and dusty Victorian furbelows. I'm happy to report that he was pleasantly surprised -- and I was delighted. We enjoyed a large, bright room decorated with comfortable furniture accented with lovely, interesting antiques. [Ask about the "audio tour" of the house.] Our room led to a porch overlooking the park.. [In the interests of full disclosure, I should mention that unfortunately there's a bit of construction at the moment that temporarily mars the view.] Even so, it was so pleasant to sit on the porch swings sipping morning coffee before breakfast or enjoying a glass of wine before dinner. Plan to spend an hour at breakfast, where you'll be treated to delicious food, served beautifully in the lovely dining room, and entertained by conversation led by your remarkable hosts, George and Katie. It's great to be able to hop on the walking/biking trail just at the end of the lawn, or walk to scenic Brandywine Falls in just a few minutes. The park is terrific, by the way, if you like walking, bicycling, and history. You can enjoy the sense of being out in the country, yet there are a number of good restaurants in neighboring towns, particulary in Hudson.

If you enjoy and respect antiques [you're staying in someone's home, after all], appreciate getting away from it all [no TVs here], enjoy meeting others, appreciate nature and history, you'll like it here. I would not recommend bringing children, however.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

George and Katie Hoy provide all the makings for a delightful B&B experience. Their attention to detail throughout the rooms, plus the delicious homemade breakfasts create an atmosphere of relaxed hospitality. Having Cuyahoga National Park right outside the door is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a very unique place to visit and the propriortors second to none. I highly recommend this place if you want and are ready to relax. Come assured that these owners know exactly what they are doing and are very organized. To be honest it took me off guard how much I could "let go" and trust. I personally needed to "let go" and only after this amazing experience did I realize how controlling I was. This stay was more to me than just a nice cottage (which was awesome) but an affirmation to trust that BnB owners really can and do care - I just needed to trust in them and be present to what they do and what they are passionate about. This "homestead" of history is an experience but only if you choose to lift the pages of its diary. I strongly recommend you take a moment a read some of the books the owners have written once you are there. It will be INNpossible for you not to moved on some level.

Room Tip: Get the cottage house in the back. Very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were so happy to have chosen this inn. It's right on the lovely bike trail thorough the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and just a few steps away from the Brandywine Falls. We stayed in the Loft, which originally was a barn/chicken coop. Absolutely delightful !!! Only one night there but could have stayed longer. Fresh fruit, bath amenities, etc.----everything we could need. Beautiful with the fall leaves & the Brandywine Falls so peaceful. Delightful host & hostess, great breakfast & enjoyed visiting other guests. Would definitely go back!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravelers1218
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here many times over the years. The location is perfect. But do not bring children. We were literally chased out of breakfast and overheard George apologizing to guests for our bad parenting skills while touting his own. I was never so humiliated. I left in tears. Though offered fresh bread to take home with us for our trouble and many sympathetic looks for having to parent our disabled 3 year old (who can't speak English and whined at the breakfast table in separate a room). Needless to say, we used to find it charming, even the somewhat overbearing nature of the place, but it's gotten over the top. We are good parents with good kids. I'd hate to see what would happen to others. I used to love it here; not anymore. :(

• Stayed: September 2012
10  Thank mpandora
brandywinefallsinn, Owner at Inn at Brandywine Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We enjoy children and they enjoy being here. Those under the age of six are, however, restricted to two suites where breakfast will be provided in the suite. The couple arrived fairly late, let themselves into their suite, and appeared for breakfast in the dining room. The surprise was that they had brought two young children without our knowledge. We could not at this point revert to our usual breakfast procedure for young children and so we violated our usual and served all in our dining area. When a crying 3-year old was affecting other guests who were enjoying pleasant morning conversations. we offered to carry the crying child out to "see the animals" but were declined. The new Mother was distraught. Both parents deserve our support for adopting, but the situation was not salvageable..