“Inn is very nice, Signs everywhere seemed obsessive”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sagamore Hills
Inn at Brandywine Falls
Rolling Hills Estates, California
“Inn is very nice, Signs everywhere seemed obsessive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

The inn's decor is lovely. The breakfasts are outstanding, and my bed was quite comfortable. The location was excellent, except for the traffic noise from a nearby highway. I felt that the plethora of signs in the rooms telling guests what not to do was obsessive and very controlling. Because of the latter, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011
7 Thank CaliPalosVerdes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

George and Katie are prefect hosts. They invite the guests into their kitchen, really making them feel at home. Unlike most other B&Bs, George and Katie join the guests at the breakfast table, remember everyone's name, and lead the conversation. And what conversation! Great stories, often told in rhyme. Some reviewers have called the hosts fussy old folks. Besides the unfounded ageist bigotry of the accusation, it is untrue. What is true is that George and Katie have a strong sense of stewardship -- they strive to preserve the splendid old building they worked hard to restore, an inn that belongs to the National Parks Service and the American people. We are thankful for their success.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Virginiatravelerstwo
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

We have now stayed at many B & Bs, and the Inn at Brandywine Falls is the best, in many ways. We not only enjoyed our sleep. The breakfast was fantastic, the best we’ve ever had. But even better than that was getting to meet and to know the proprietors Katie and George a little. They had breakfast with us, not just for us. We were able to talk and get to know them, and out lives are are richer for it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoversOfLife
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

Attention to detail by the owners is amazing. Authentic feel with modern conveniences added. Food was out of this world. Great location from which to bike or hike. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank rub14
Kalamazoo, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

It's hard to say how we felt when we left George and Katie's home (Yes, it is their home). I will tell you I called them the night we got home to thank them, to tell them we got home ok, and to get an address for a lovely couple we met while we were there. My wife and I are in our early 50's and I honestly felt like I had visited my parents at the family home. Louie the dog, Bedlam and Chaos the goats, the chickens (whose eggs we ate each morning), and the sweet outdoor cats. We stayed in the main house and it is VERY quiet. We are certain we didn't disturb our neighbors..(we're not THAT old). George and Katie have been married 60 years and have been living in the Inn apparently happily for the last 22. If that's not a romantic setting, I don't know what is. Their sweet interactions made the experience even more so. George is somewhat set in his ways. He insists on carrying your suitcase up the stairs..to avoid the unavoidable wall schmutz that todays wheeled oversized bags produce. He mentioned the "good old carpet bag" of days past and was amused (I think) when my wife produced her bag..a real carpet bag..Yes I had a wheeled monster that George lugged upstairs arms wrapped. No food in the rooms (maybe a little but treat it like it's your house!) I told him I would treat his home as my own, and he relaxed. I think trust can be a wonderful thing. The house is beautifully restored..build in 1843 or so and set with some lovely antiques...USE THE COASTERS!!!! (Yes, George) Sound in the house is quiet. I could not hear the turnpike but I understand the "outrooms" .Granery and the Loft are noiser (as well as more expensive. I recommend staying in the main house..you don't want to miss interacting with your hosts!.) Breakfasts were wonderful and fresh (eggs from the chickens, local berries from the garden, tomatoes from same, oatmeal, etc) You are also a walk away from the Brandywine Falls as well as only a 1.5 mile hike from the Towpath bike trail.(all part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park).as well as the soon to be restored Stanford Hostel (farm) and the restored town of Boston. This is truly gem in the heart of the midwest. Wireless Internet as well !!!!!

I would also note that the town of Hudson Ohio, 6 miles from the Inn, has, in my opinion, has one of the best restaurants east of Chicago and west of New York. Downtown 140..right on Main St. Order the smallest and small plates..they are the best items on the menu.

Unless you like fried, avoid the Winking Lizard in Peninsula. It's interesting in that it is/was a very old nightclub. It is fantastic for beer but the food is only average.

G & K Hoy..Thanks again..we will be seeing you soon !!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kronosargh
Westerville, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

This was our first experience at a Bed and Breakfast. It was wonderful! George and Katie are wonderful hosts. They made us feel welcomed and comfortable. They took care of all the details. The breakfast was amazing. A royal feast. George and Katie have enriched our lives by just one visit! The location is right by Brandywine Falls. A beautiful scenery. We will come back again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

Simply put, The Inn at Brandywine Falls is a great getaway or gateway. For us it was both. We were on a road trip to the east coast, starting out in Chicago, which is about a six-hour drive. We arrived in the late afternoon on our way east , which gave us time to explore the nearby falls and wander through the national state park only steps away from the Inn. Although we were indeed treated with warmth by the hosts, they also know how to keep their distance. Later during this particular road trip, we stayed in a b+b where the hosts not only were in your face most of the time you were out of your room, but they were also insufferable - in too many ways for me to mention. Katie and George, however, have found the perfect balance of being embracing, yet leaving you on your own. Breakfast was delicious, and exploring the place was a joy. Each of them is a gracious artist in their own way. We've already recommended the place to two couples who raved about it. They've perfected what they do!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Clarion Inn & Conference Center

Been to Inn at Brandywine Falls? Share your experiences!