“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rossford
New York City, New York
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We travel to Wisconsin in the summer from NY every year and this year we decided to try Country Inn and Suites. We stayed there both ways. The hotel is clean and the rooms are a nice size. We are a family of 6 and a dog and it is hard to find a hotel room to fit all of us. This was a great find. The breakfast was wonderful - especially on the weekends. The staff was overly friendly and made us feel at home. We will make sure to stay here from now on. Plus my kids LOVE the cookies at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cistoledo, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo South, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Your review meant a lot to us. Thank you. We are here to do everything to make sure you have a very comfortable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great value, great room at $120 for one bedroom suite, two queen beds plus pull out sofa! Breakfast was awful. Discount zoo tickets available at desk. Small pool area. Nice, clean, safe location right of two major highways.

• Stayed July 2012
Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2012

So, I tried this place out b/c I am a club carlson member and they were running a double points promo. So it was a "throw away" kind of night - buying one night to get points to redeem for probably 3 stays on a later trip overseas.
We still wanted to make use of the night.. so we wanted a place with a pool and some place dog friendly. We've never traveled with our dog before but planning a trip for all of us to Chicago in a few weeks - so thought this would be a good test run.
I booked online and there was no option for any kind of pet-friendly room (some hotels have specific rooms they want you in if you're bringing your pet).
So I booked a king suite room (the one with a separate bedroom).

The hotel itself isn't near anything. Just 2 other hotels.
But if you drive like less than a mile or two then you'll find some food and shopping options.
It is right off the highway so even with my fan running at night..I could hear some road noise.
The hotel was very clean though! Quiet on the inside. I didn't hear too much chatter or slamming doors.
The 2 ladies who checked us in were very nice. They did not see my note about bringing a pet.. but it was no problem. All of the pet specific rooms were booked - so they let us keep the one we originally booked, no problems. Very nice about it. Very friendly.
It is $25 a night pet fee and you do have to sign a little paper about it.
We were on the third floor.
Elevators, pool, gym, other entrances (all require key) very central and convieniently located.
As I was bringing the dog in, I passed one of the check-in ladies and she was really sweet and tried to pet him and asked how he was doing with his first time in a hotel.

Customer service is a must for me when I go places and this place definitely had it!!
Scott, who was working the breakfast area in the morning was fantastic!
Breakfast is open until 10:30 on weekends.. I did make it down pretty late - probably 10:15..and everything was gone... so I asked if there were any muffins or anything left in the back and he was kind enough to find me some. We also chatted a bit about things that were on the tv, how my stay was, ect.
Sounded like breakfast the next morning would be great. They have hot breakfast items. When The morning I was there - it was omlet paties, chicken and gravy, and biscuts. pastry assortment, breads, juice, fruit (which was all gone but one apple by the time I got there) if you get there early though - sounds and looks like a really good selection.
I saw Scott again when I was leaving with my dog - again, very nice, have a conversation with me and petting my dog. So excellent staff all the way around!
Pool area was nice.. decent size and a large hot tub!! always a plus.
There's also a "shower" so you can kinda rinse off.

Check out is at noon - we love a late check out! They were very busy that morning with other current guests, people checking in early, people checking out. It was just one lady there but I thought she did a great job handling everyone's different needs. She was super friendly as well, greeting me with a "how can I help you beautiful?" I wish I would have gotten her name!

I would stay there again if in the area. Very nice place!

1 Thank ILOVETRAVEL356
Kristin D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo South, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you, your family, and pet had a wonderful stay! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels return you to the Toledo area. Again, thank you for recommending us to other travelers.

Mt. Calvary, WI
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Wisconsin. The hotel is located right off the highway, next to another hotel. There are no restaurants right next to the hotels, you will have to drive for a short distance (5-10 minutes) to get to an area with a great selection of restaurants and stores. The room itself was fine, clean with no problems. The bathroom counter is huge, which was nice because there was room for more than one person to get ready in the morning. Very nice pool and a large hot tub. Breakfast was very good, with a good selection of hot and cold items. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest at Country Inn & Suites- Rossford! I appreciate your kind review. It's wonderful to hear that our guests are comfortable here. Please let me know if I can ever be of further assistance!

utica, mi
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Pleasant stay with good ammenities and nice breakfast buffet. Plenty of local shopping and restaurants. We choose to stay here to avoid the crowds around Sandusky and take advantage of the lower rates. Less than an hour to Cedar Point and many other attractions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a day at Cedar Point, and that we had this opportunity to host your family. We look forward to seeing you again!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I usually like Country Inn & Suites hotels and was happy when I got one via Priceline. Usually we are talking good size rooms, indoor pools and Jacuzzi, exercise room and more. This hotel wasn't exception, I was really impressed with freshly remodeled bathrooms. Frankly this hotels deserves 4* rating if not for the way it's run. We were staying there for 3 nights and every morning I saw the same sad picture.... breakfast. Total disorganized disaster. Constant lack of clean plates, always run out of basic stuff even the hotel didn't look like fully booked. I am usually very forgiven and not a picky person, however that was too much for me. Next time if I am in the area, I will probably stay away from this particular one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-75.... my was a bit noisy, not overly however.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ilovenonrev
Thank you for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. Your comments are taken seriously, and I assure you immediate attention has been given to the concerns you brought to my attention.
I am glad you were pleased with our guest rooms, and that you felt at home. I hope we have another opportunity to host you at our hotel. I am confident that we will exceed your expectations!
If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stopped for the night on our way to WI. All the staff we encountered was extremely friendly & helpful. Check in was quick even when a few of us showed up all at once late the evening before. Check out was as smooth. The continental breakfast as good. Again the staff ensured the food was out, the breakfast area clean and courteous to assist in removing dirty dishes. I mention the last part because at a lot of the hotels I have stayed at staff removing dirty dishes is the exception but not the norm. My only additional comment on the breakfast area is there are no highchair for our baby. He had to sit on our lap. The room itself was very clean. In fact it was so clean that I had no issue with the baby crawling around the room. I would recommend this hotel as well am planning on staying again on our way back home.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BusyMama M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I appreciate you recommending our hotel to other travelers as well! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience, and that your family had a happy and comfortable stay.
We do have highchairs available for breakfast. They are kept by our waffle station. When you return, please let us know if you need assistance finding them, and we would be happy to get one for you!
I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kristin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossford
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Staybridge Suites  Toledo - Rossford - Perrysburg
Courtyard Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 13 in Perrysburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo South? Share your experiences!