Courtyard Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg
$99
$89
Park Inn
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbistro staffstarbucks coffee in the lobbyhollywood casinonew styleroom was cleanfriendly employeesroad noisenice hotelwould highly recommend staying heremarriott courtyardnice lobbywithin milesother hotelsbusiness tripsoccer tournamentthe check in processgas station
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I tend to stay at a lot of Marriott properties. While this one has wonderful staff and a nice lobby, the amenities in the rooms have been poorly lacking. I first stayed at this location a couple weeks ago and found the heating / cooling very hard to control. Either too hot, or too cold, no matter how I tried to use the thermostat.

This past week, I stayed again as the hotel next door was booked. This time, I had no internet connection (apparently too far from the hub as I was on the 3rd floor at the end). The shower barely functioned...it took nearly a minute for enough pressure to build for anything to come out of the showerhead...and then it barely made it out. Heating/cooling again was a major problem. My room was very cold...at one point I had the thermostat set to 80...and while it produced heat for a little bit, the air condition suddenly kicked in and would not shut off. I turned the thermostat off...and it still continued to run. I played with the temperature control...and it continued to run. I waited...turned it off again...and waited...as my room became a meat locker. Finally, frustrated, I reached under the heating/cooling unit and unplugged it.

Again, I tend to stay at Marriott properties fairly often...so I will say this is not typical of what I find. My impression is that while the lobby and meeting rooms are nice...there's some serious work needed within the hotel rooms.

Room Tip: West end butts up against the freeway and the traffic can be quite loud...try the east end. If you want good internet connection and water pressure...try a lower floor room closer to the center.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I apologize for the issues with the air conditioning / heater. The thermostats and AC/Heating units are new. The hotel did have some installation issues with the theremostats but those have been resolved. I will have my engineer look at the unit from your room as my housekeeper found one unplugged and I want to be certain it is working correctly.
The hotel room renovation begins mid-November and will create a whole new environment for our guests. It is a new design with wall mounted televisions, light colored wood and plenty of outlets for your gadgets. The project will be completed early February 2014.

Safe Travels.... Jan

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently stayed one night at this hotel for a friends wedding, and I was so pleasantly surprised with how amazing the staff were in helping my friend organize the rooms for her wedding party. We had a block of rooms for the wedding put aside, and they helped with every little detail...even placing the welcome gift bags in every guest room.

As far as the condition of the hotel, I also have to say that this is one of the best Courtyard Marriott's I have ever seen. It was super clean, and in the process of being remodeled. The entire lobby, and breakfast area is completely modern, and extremely comfortable.

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you very much for the kinds words about the hotel and staff. I will be certain to pass along your comments to the entire team.

Safe travels and thank you for staying at the Rossford Courtyard.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard in Rossford on our way home from vacation. The staff was courteous and friendly and the hotel lobby was neat, clean and updated. Our room was also tidy and clean. The room had the sink/vanity area separate from the bathroom which I am not a fan of. The pool area was nice. Decorated in soothing/relaxing colors, very peaceful. Our only complaint about the pool was that the smell of chlorine was so strong it made our eyes sting. We were also disappointed that the hotel did not offer a complimentary continental breakfast. We would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Rossford Courtyard and I am glad you enjoyed your accommondations. I have a very vetern staff who does an excellent job of taking care of the hotel and the guests. The Courtyard brand does not offer complimentary breakfast. Since opening the Bistro in May 2012, all of our breakfasts are made to order with a variety of sandwiches, pastries, breakfast breads, etc. We also proudly serve Starbucks in the Bistro.

Thank you again for your feedback and safe travels.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent guest service. We requested a roll a way and it was already in our room when we checked in. Front desk staff were knowledgeable about local restaurants and activities and even searched online and printed off a list for us and brought it to our room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jan W, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our staff. Their goal is to help each guest have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I will pass along your praise to the entire Rossford Courtyard team. Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped into this hotel while on our road trip. It was not planned, it just happened to be at the right place at the right time. The pool closed at 11:00 pm and so given our late arrival, we decided to take this hotel over another one where the pool closed at 10:00 pm. This gave us a chance to check in and grab some food from their restaurant. This is the only Courtyard I have ever seen that does not have free breakfast which was a major disappointment. The restaurant staff was very friendly and the food was good, but amazingly, they close earlier than the pool. The pool was a decent size, but the water had so much chlorine in it that 10 minutes after walking into the room, your eyes would start burning, whether you were in the pool or not. The hotel is not very old, 5 years maybe, but is already dated. The bathroom had 90's pink-ish tile. The noise from the interstate is really loud, but fortunately, the air conditioning units are also so noisy that it almost drowns out the noise from the interstate. The people at the front desk are there, meaning they are present, but that's about it. They are not very helpful. Watch your bills closely as we were overcharged on items in the restaurant. What was posted and what they charge are 2 different things. We did not try to get them to fix it, it wasn't worth the few dollars. The internet did not work. We tried and gave up. In the end, we wanted a place to eat, jump in the pool and sleep. It served those purposes. Knowing then what we know now, we would have gone to the Hampton Inn right next door.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, get a room AWAY from the interstate and still ask for an extra noisy air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jan w, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Rossford Courtyard. I truly appreciate your feedback and will pass it onto the associates. The hotel opened in September 1997 and has been renovated twice with the lobby / Bistro completed in the spring of 2012. The end of this year the hotel will have a room renovation with a new Courtyard design. The Bistro in Courtyards started several years ago as guest requested made to order breakfast with healthier options. Almost all Courtyards now have the Bistro concept with breakfast and dinner options.
The WIFI challenges are being addressed as the hotel is currently receiving bids for an upgrade.
Thank you again and safe travels...Jan