“The Best”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whenever we are in Cleveland or on our way back to Erie from visiting Sandusky we ALWAYS make a stop at Danny Boy’s in Rocky River. It very well may be my favorite restaurant on the planet. Not only is the décor one that you will never forget, the food is unbelievable and you always have to loosen your belt after you leave.

I grew up in an older family so the Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin crooner style music is right up my alley. This place is decorated exactly how I would decorate my man cave if I had one. It takes you to another time and is just plain fun. The old casino playing cards at every table are a nice touch and gives me a chance to actually beat my nephews in something.

The food is what keeps us coming back because even with the great atmosphere I wouldn’t keep coming back if the food stunk. The appetizers, subs, pies, dinners are all great…I have never had a meal I didn’t thoroughly enjoy and we always make sure to take a Double Crust Gangster Pie home to my uncle.

The servers are always great. Most recently our waitress Brittney was outstanding. She was friendly, always had a smile and made sure our every need was met.

My only complaint is that we don’t have one in Erie…but that just makes us appreciate how great it is even more whenever we are lucky enough to be traveling in the area.

1  Thank LJK925

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try their Chicago style pizza as its not something you find that often while traveling. Even the small size was huge and excellent. Great dough and sauce. My only gripe would be too much sausage and I didn't care for the taste of it so I had to pick it out. Some people may like it, it was different, had a gourmet taste but I like a more traditional sausage. Also, its a thin full layer of sausage baked into this pie, too much for me but maybe some people would like. I added pepperoni to the top and was sorry as it was a mediocre pepperoni, would be better with a more flavorful good pepperoni. In spite of that, I loved it--great dough, sauce and cheese and I do not give good pizza ratings too easily. They also offer gluten free pizza if anyone is looking for that type. This place is good, would go back again!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I would go here for dinner before we were married and had kids. Used to love their bread sticks and sauce. In fact everything was great. Over the last 14 years the prices have gone up a lot and there is a lack of taste in everything. Their bread sticks used to be big and fluffy and had a great yeast flavor now they are flat and blah tasting. Service is still good. Now I go there with my mom maybe once a year.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

You name the Chicago deep dish place, chances are I've eaten there. Danny Boy's is the best deep dish this side of the Magnificent Mile. The crust is flaky and a fitting reward for finishing the overstuffed slice that came before it.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been all over and eaten a lot of pizza. My new job is near this place and I stumbled across it. The pizza is outstanding. Great crust, tomatoey sauce and loads of cheese. I stuff myself. Service was friendly and my glass was filled before having to ask. Well worth the visit.