“Great atmosphere, service so so”
Review of Sweet Melissas

Sweet Melissas
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Rocky River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love this place for meeting with my girlfriends, or for a hip casual lunch/brunch or dinner. The place is decorated in a lovely way - not too contemporary, not too traditional. The feel is a mix of fancy marketplace meets NY style bistro, but is not too noisy with that.

The food is solid, a bit on the heavy side, but clearly prepared by using fresh ingredients. I would not classify their food as fancy or super original, but it tastes good and I would come back. Their desserts /cakes are their true strength, their cakes are made in house and they are doing a really good job with that.

As for the service, it is okay at best. I had to wait for a refill for >20 minutes (with asking multiple times), and it was not crowded at all. Yeah, and the cappuccino was more of a latte - I think this place should know the proper difference between the two.

Other than that, we had a lot of fun, so did my friends.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nice variety of cuisine; everything from burgers, wraps, and shrimp tacos to steak and fish dishes along with great appetizers, salads and soups. Daily specials on both food & drink, and friendly wait staff. We have been coming here for years and recently went for dinner two nights in a row. Favorites include fried brussel sprout appetizer, any of the soups, and the Nicoise tuna or blackened shrimp salad - the bacon wrapped meatloaf is awesome. Prices can't be beat and we know many of the servers by name. Molly will make you some of the best drinks you've had anywhere. Fast friendly service and good portions.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The food is varied and includes brunch dishes, sandwiches, pastas, soups. Touches of elegance place this restaurant a cut above a typical neighborhood joint. My favorite dish is the butternut squash and pulled chicken risotto. The warm goat cheese salad is lovely , too. They have great desserts, including slices of many varied cakes.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Thank you trip advisor for the heads-up on Sweet Melissa, it was fabulous! My husband and I were traveling West on Interstate 90 through the Cleveland area and needed a casual restaurant for dinner. It also had to be a close and an easy off/on of 90. Sweet Melissa was exactly that and the added surprise of a superior, first class meal. I had the pistachio encrusted white fish and my husband the meatloaf. The service was prompt and the atmosphere very relaxing. Too bad we had to get back on the road. Oh, we'll be back!

1  Thank Linda and Joe C
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love this restaurant for a couple reasons....1) You can go in jeans and t-shirt or dressed up and either way you feel like you fit in. 2) They use all natural and local ingredients. 3) There are many vegetarian and vegan options. 4) Great atmosphere. 5) Reasonably priced.