“Not Bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Joe's Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Rocky River
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

For me it was not over the top, Service was okay because getting a refill on water or another drink was tough. We had to order a Coke twice. The food is not seasoned but probably because it is mostly older people who eat here. On July 2, 2013 we wanted to sit on the patio and it was NOT OPEN. In addition to all that they charged us $1.25 for a side of gravy to dip our unseasoned french fries in.

• Visited July 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Local favorite, and deserevedly so”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Been here forever, and only better now that they're in their new digs. Never disappointed, whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner or takeout. Corned beef sandwiches, huge onion rings and wonderful tea biscuits are my most frequent choices, with a loaf of terrific seeded rye to go. Steak and eggs with a real, thick cut piece of beef. Décor is very attractive with a separate bar/lounge area. Try for an off-hour to avoid a wait.

Visited May 2013
olmsted falls
“Never going back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I used to go to Joe's all the time before they built a new restaurant. We went last night for the first time, and all I can say is they have gotten too big!! I will NEVER go back!!!!!!!! I called ahead for my take out order. They told me 30 minutes. We go there a little early so we went to the bar and had a drink. 30 minutes my husband went to the counter and was told your order is not done. We waited another 10 minutes and he asked again and was told it is not done. After another 5 minutes I went up and they told me the same thing but this time I said it has been 55 minutes when will it be done. The lady was not pleased with me that she had to go and look. Well, to her surpirse (since they were too lazy to look the last two times) our order had been sitting there! I get home to find out half my desserts were not in the bag that I had paid for. I called up and all they could say is "Well, just come back and we will give them to you" I told her I was 20 minutes away and I would be back on another day. But I will NEVER go back. They did not offer anything but an attitude of oh well it happens. They built this nice big restaurat and forgot who helped pay for it - the customers!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Peggy E
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
“A gem of Cleveland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Well ... there is not much I can say besides JOB WELL DONE.
A couple of days ago was my first time at the "new" Joe's; just across the parking lot from the old one.
The new, much larger Joe's, was packed and rightfully so! The food is fresh, tasty and valued right, One thing I have always enjoyed about Joe's is their perfection of Lebanese classics as well as great down home cooking.
We enjoyed our entire meal: two helpings of Hummus, Taboule, Chicken Fattoosh, Mahi Mahi and a good old fashioned Cheeseburger.
The service was good but took a little while to get going (it was more our table's demanding style than the waitress' fault). Jeanette, the owner, busy as she is, took the time to come to our table and chat a bit (very nice).
All in all if you're ever on the West side of Cleveland, Joe's is a must or your visit is not complete.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Joe's is easily accessible from east or west on I-90. My family has been visiting since it was housed in a former KFC restaurant. The new building is larger, but the food is so good you'll still wait nearly any time you arrive. Spend the wait looking over the dessert display. We've never been disappointed. Come hungry- the portions are huge. My personal favorites are Matzo Ball Soup, Cranberry Chicken Salad, Joycey's Combo sandwich and Beef and Latkes, but the menu has something for everyone. Don't miss Joe's when you're in Cleveland.

• Visited April 2013