Glenlaurel, A Scottish Inn & Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Express Logan(Logan)(Great Value!)
$111
Hampton.com
$121
Relax Inn(Lancaster)
  • Pool
All reviewsglen laurelhocking hillsprivate deckhot tubthe cottagessocial hourliving room and the bedroomkind wordsromantic getawayour honeymoonwooded areacocktail houranniversary get awayfall colorsnice fireplacescottish musichiking trails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband found this beautiful Inn for us to celebrate our 35th anniversary. It is an absolute must for anyone wanting a relaxing, private getaway.

Upon entering our cottage, we were in awe - from the personal welcoming note from the innkeeper with chocolates and flowers, to the large picture window overlooking the woods, to the private hot tub on the deck, to the well appointed furnishings and accessories. The king size bed was very comfortable and the 2 person shower was great.

Each cottage is equipped with a tv for vcr & dvd watching only (no network television reception) and a wonderful cd sound system that has speakers outside by the hot tub. We spent quite a bit of time in the hot tub, relaxing on the private deck listening to music and enjoying each others company.

Our stay was from Thursday to Saturday. I would recommend staying during the week if possible. Although the service was good on the weekend, we had more personal attention on thurday evening and Friday morning before the weekend crowd arrived. A full breakfast and dinner was included with our package, along with a predinner get together on the deck. Glenlaurel is located in a dry county, so we brought our own bottles of wine which they served to us prior to dinner on the deck as well as at our table for dinner. Except for a minor hiccup and lengthy delay during Friday's dinner, the food was excellent and the service was outstanding.

The Glenlaurel Inn is an adults only facility - we loved having our meals and walking the beautiful grounds without hearing the noises of children.

We also had massages at the spa. Although the masseuse was very good, the spa building is lacking in amenities, privacy and ambiance. The building looks like an updated manufactured house that uses the bedrooms as treatment rooms. I could hear everything going on in the rest of the building while I was having my massage. I

If you are looking for a getaway without children and tv and enjoy spending time with your partner, this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2007

My husband and I found Glenlaurel 10 years ago and have made this a yearly treat for ourselves. We have also enjoyed the "Spur of the Moment" program. When things get stressful, we do a "Spur". Glenlaurel has become our home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rannyg
Reviewed December 17, 2006

We have stayed at Glenlaurel over 130 nights over the last ten years and only the weather occasionally lets us down. I am writing this because I discovered that your site does not do this place justice. It is a beautiful property with a charming ambience, wonderful breakfasts, and romantic dinners. Each accommodation has its own decor. The staff are friendly, accommodating and welcome you more like family than paying guests.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank carrotandstick
Reviewed December 1, 2005

This Scotish theme Inn is a great romantic get away in the middle of the woods surrounded by nature paths, trees and breath-taking scenery. While there, you have to take advantage of one of their 5-course gourmet dinners. The cuisine is excellent and they have service to match. We stayed in the Manor and had no TV in our guest room, but it was great! My husband and I really had quality time without the distraction of a TV. The surrounding area offers gorges, water falls, and cliffs on many nature trails.
I would highly recommend Glenlaurel for honeymoons, anniversaries or other special occasions.

4  Thank ohiobedandbreakfast
Reviewed November 8, 2005

This Inn is truly a romantic getaway. We stayed in a cottage and it was perfect! Lots of space, two fire places, nice music playing and a hot tub calling our name. You will not be disappointed staying here and I'm sure all of the rooms are equally as nice. The candlelite dinner was fantastic and I mean fantastic! Don't eat anywhere else it's worth every penny. We thought we would try the Inn at Cedar Falls Saturday night for dinner and what a horrible experience. Don't bother with that place - terrible service and food. Enough said, GlenLaurel was a little slice of heaven. We will be returning!

• Stayed: November 2005