“Adequate facilities, but uninviting; I'd go elsewhere.”

America Heartland Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockbridge
America Heartland Cabins
Athens, Ohio
“Adequate facilities, but uninviting; I'd go elsewhere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

If you're looking for a getaway in the beautiful Hocking Hills there are many great choices, this, however, is not one of them.

I showed up at the cabin to check in and was greeted by the owner, a surprisingly rude and nosy woman. I can't even explain my surprise at the way this woman conducted herself - very unprofessional.

I decided to have my parents for dinner, as they live less than an hour away. Before they could even get their coats off the owner was pounding and shouting at the front door. I asked her what the problem was (I had paid over 400 dollars for the cabin, which advertises a large kitchen with room for 6+ guests) and was told that this was a breach of her policies. I understand not wanting raucous parties, but this was a family dinner.

As a new customer, renting a cabin for an entire weekend, I expected some degree of friendliness or respect from any decently professional proprietor -- no luck here

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Kaptain_11

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

Was absolutly perfect for 2! Very clean very quant just perfect. We stayed in the cabin with the sauna and hot tub. If Hocking Hills didn't have so many beautiful places to go see we would of never left the cabin! Being someone who has lived in Ohio for 40 some years I was so surprised I have not heard more about Hocking Hills a must go see!!! Make you stay complete by staying in one of these cabins!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Imissthesun
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2005

Stayed in one of the cottages last July. It is a beautiful area. The cottages are immaculate and fully equipped. They have a lot of special touches. I have recommended them to my friends and they have enjoyed their stays.

2 Thank motor8home

Been to America Heartland Cabins? Share your experiences!