“Wonderful stay in a wonderful cabin!!!”

America Heartland Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockbridge
America Heartland Cabins
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay in a wonderful cabin!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at the Red Pine cabin and it was great! The cabin looks just okay from outside but when you walk in we could only say....WOW!! The pictures on the website just do not pay this cabin justice It is an all wood decor that was nicely decorated. The back porch has a nice view of the woods (great for early morning coffee) Actually our last day I saw a nice size doe running through the yard. My kids felt instantly at home, actually my youngest did not want to leave. He asked if we could move in. The owners seemed very nice and easy to deal with. The cabin has a loft room with three beds a master bedroom with one bed and a sleeper sofa in the living room. 2 12 baths and a full size kitchen with almost anything you might need. The cabin even had a washer and dryer and a six person hot tub. We really enjoyed the stay and will definately return in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyTrips98
AHCabins, Manager at America Heartland Cabins, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We love it when we are able to provide a place that is enjoyed. Be sure to check out the Red PIne in the future. It has a new stain on the outside and a new roof on the back deck. We are looking at more improvements to come..

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed in the Great Frontier cabin for two nights the week before Christmas. It was a wonderful little cabin, perfect for two, with both a sauna and a hot tub and spotlessly clean. The cabin was very private with a gas fireplace in both the living area and the bedroom. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The walk in shower was large enough for two ;) and plenty of towels. The kitchen was well equipped with the basics. I made breakfast both mornings and dinner one night. There isn't much storage space for clothing but you don't need much for just a night or two. There is also a fire pit which we didn't get to use nor did we use the porch as it was too cold. However, the porch offered a lovely view of a little clearing and had a gas grill. Overall, we found nothing to complain about in any category and would love to return!

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in any of the other cabins but if you are looking for a romantic getaway for tw...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tess G
AHCabins, Owner at America Heartland Cabins, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for being our guests. This cabin is dear to our hearts. So we love it when it is a joy for others.
Ohio
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We have stayed in the Patriot Cottage with American Heartland Cottages twice now. It's more like a small 2-bedroom house and we have found it to be very quiet, nice and clean, privately located off the road with landscaping to hide it from the other two cottages some distance away on the property. Emailing with Jane to make our reservations or ask other questions, has always been prompt and friendly. As they request, we did call on the day of our arrival to let them know when we would be there and they left the door unlocked for us with the key on the counter. No one showed up to meet us, which was fine, so we certainly did not have the unpleasant encounter described in another review. There were 4 adults plus a baby and we had everything we wanted and needed with a big kitchen, eating area, nicely decorated living room, bathroom, and two bedrooms plus the hottub and charcoal grill outside. The location is just the right distance from the six "attractions" - maybe a 10-15 min drive through lovely, backwoods country but not so close that the traffic and population would be a problem. If we had two suggestions, it would be to turn up the water heater a few degrees for both the hot tub and the shower AND to relocate the fire ring so you don't sit on a hillside, feeling like you're falling over, when at your campfire. But those are minor and the fact that we chose to return to this cottage over all the hundreds of other choices, shows our satisfaction with the Patriot Cottage and the company that runs it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cruiser44Ohio
Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Was very excited to stay at the Gold Rush Cabin based on what the website said but the actual cabin was nothing to write home about. When we arrived we were blown away by the fact that the cabin was literally ten feet from the road...all the other cabins we have stayed at in the the Hocking Hills area were much, much more secluded with no neighbors. On the website it said that there is a waterfall on the property and the "waterfall" is nothing more then a little stream through the backyard that drops down about a foot. The beds in the cabin were horrible, especially the one downstairs (literally sunk in the middle and the mattress had plastic on it so it made a horrible crunching noise all night everytime one of us moved...our air mattress that we use to camp with is much more comfortable then this mattress). My husband and I slept downstairs and all night there were mice (or some rodent) scurrying above the ceiling...gross! The couches were really hard...just like sitting on a plank of wood....not relaxing. After a long day of hiking we were excited to get the hot tub only to have the hot tub misteriously shut off after ten minutes of use...never could turn it back on...I think the hot tub broke.

My husband and I have been to many cabins over the years and this is definitely the worst cabin we have stayed in. For the money I would go elsewhere!!

Room Tip: American Heartland owns several cabins and we have only stayed at the Gold Rush Cabin so I'm may...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 343Hubs1
I am very sorry this cabin was so disappointing for our guests. This cabin is no longer a part of our company.
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2011

If you're looking for a getaway in the beautiful Hocking Hills there are many great choices, this, however, is not one of them.

I showed up at the cabin to check in and was greeted by the owner, a surprisingly rude and nosy woman. I can't even explain my surprise at the way this woman conducted herself - very unprofessional.

I decided to have my parents for dinner, as they live less than an hour away. Before they could even get their coats off the owner was pounding and shouting at the front door. I asked her what the problem was (I had paid over 400 dollars for the cabin, which advertises a large kitchen with room for 6+ guests) and was told that this was a breach of her policies. I understand not wanting raucous parties, but this was a family dinner.

As a new customer, renting a cabin for an entire weekend, I expected some degree of friendliness or respect from any decently professional proprietor -- no luck here

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Kaptain_11
Ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Was absolutly perfect for 2! Very clean very quant just perfect. We stayed in the cabin with the sauna and hot tub. If Hocking Hills didn't have so many beautiful places to go see we would of never left the cabin! Being someone who has lived in Ohio for 40 some years I was so surprised I have not heard more about Hocking Hills a must go see!!! Make you stay complete by staying in one of these cabins!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Imissthesun
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 5, 2005

Stayed in one of the cottages last July. It is a beautiful area. The cottages are immaculate and fully equipped. They have a lot of special touches. I have recommended them to my friends and they have enjoyed their stays.

2 Thank motor8home

Been to America Heartland Cabins? Share your experiences!