“Great family adventure”

Hocking Hills Canopy Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Rockbridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The first World-Class zip line canopy tour established in the Midwest and in OHIO! Hocking Hills is home to many exciting outdoor adventures, but nothing compares to the thrill of this truly World-Class zip line canopy tour, including the new "X" Tour in 2014, the home of the only dual racing Super Zip (1400ft+), "Dragon Fly - Zipline Adventure for Kids", and Off Road Segway Adventures too! Ideal for nature lovers seeking a one-of-a-kind experience here in the foot hills of Appalachia, the zip line canopy tour treats you to a breathtaking adventure as you soar above a series of unique Hocking Hills vistas for an eagles-eye view of some of North America'€™s most magnificent scenery. Experienced, professional guides provide you with a safety and equipment orientation before leading you along 10 ziplines, traversing four adventure sky bridges and rappelling back to ground level at the finish line. The experience features amazing views from each observation platform. Add the Super Zip if you still want more! This dual racing zip line is the longest of its kind in United States. And don't forget the kiddos ages 5 and up....DragonFly is just for them. Consisting of 8 zip lines and 4 bridges, they move themselves through the course while parents watch and follow below. Built to meet all Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) standards, no matter what tour you choose, the friendly staff at Hocking Hills Canopy Tours will not only educate guests on native vegetation and wildlife, but will also keep everyone feeling safe, secure, and having LOTS of fun from start to finish! All that's required is a pair of close-toed shoes, comfortable clothing, and eyes ready to devour nature at its finest.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband, sons ( ages 16 & 11) & I went on the canopy tour this afternoon. We had the best time ! The guides were entertaining and professional. They made sure we knew what was going on, and what we needed to do at every step of the way. We were nervous at first, but we got comfortable fairly quickly. I recommend this adventure for any family that enjoys the outdoors.

OHIO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A bucket list entry checked off!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Two years ago on an all girl vacation to Asheville I chickened out of zip lining. I was determined to try this year and I am so glad that I did. Hocking hills canopy tours was the right place for my maiden voyage. The place is very well organized and staffed with competent individuals. I was with 3 gal pals and we joined another group of 4. None of us had zip lined before, but 2 in our group had returned to experience it again. (That alone was reassuring) our guides were phenomenal. Brady and savannah worked extremely well together. Savannah was calming while Brady was simply a crazy out of his mind teaser. Personally I was comfortable with the training and the "bunny" zips. The first faster, longer, quicker zip took my breath away and tears started flowing. Perhaps tears of exhilaration and a little fear. Brady was there with a sweet hug and my friends were beaming with pride! From then on all was good with the world. A truly fabulous time up in the trees! So impressed with the safety element and efforts taken to preserve the trees. Just do it! You'll be glad you did. So glad I came to this company first.

1 Thank tenor4u
HHCT, Owner at Hocking Hills Canopy Tours, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Tenor4u, thank you for your positive feedback. Your feedback on your personal experience is what makes us continue to do what we do each day. We strive to meet and exceed our customer's expectations and if we do that, while creating memories, for our customers, then we have full-filled part of our mission. We hope to see you back again.
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Even after reading all the reviews I STILL worried about doing this but turns out I was NEVER scared. Me and my 16 year old nephew took the canopy tour and it was a great time. We were in a group of about 8-9 which is typical I think and just my recommendation if you want it to be even MORE fun take a group of friends with you so you know everyone. I will coax my friends into it next time! Next time I will also get a strap for my camera and take it with me. You have to have a strap that's why cell phone cameras are not allowed as there's too much risk in losing them. They harness you up and take any personal items like wallets and keys that you could not leave in the car and they lock them up so nothing to worry about there. We practiced taking off and braking then were were off! Our tour lasted 3 hours - a great value for the money and it seemed very world class...very safe...very green as they take care not to harm the trees. They also mentioned that they are now part of the explore Ohio campaign or something so you might look into that as they mentioned there was an opportunity for $10 discounts! I'm fun-loving but not a thrill-seeker by any means and I had a great time. Very highly recommended way to get outdoors and do something unique!

Dundee, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I have ever zipped. Instructors were friendly, fun and helpful. The scenery was fantastic. Everything is done in a safe manner and the guides were very informative. We highly recommend Hocking Hills Canopy Tours.

The Villages, Florida
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Hocking Hills Canopy Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

What a rush going thru the trees! We had a how to do it session and off we went. It was a fasr 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
There are 10 ziplines and 5 skyline bridges. There are zips for children, day and night zips.

They do a fantastic job and take time with you. I felt safe the whole time

Visited October 2012