“My unsafe stay at DaysInn” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Brunswick
“My unsafe stay at DaysInn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

When booking the reservation, I had called to get a travel agent rate. Which they gave mne the same rate as AAA.. Well since i am AAA memeber i ended up booking myself with commision. (which makes no sense to me why days inn would do that). Checked in and they tried to charge me rack rate.. got the keys pulled around back and upon entrying realized my key doesn't fit in access to get in and then my son just pulls door right open. Then while inside we had a room in the atirum found out no key access with in the atruim, So had to leave door open to be able to get into room with out having to walk around by open doors to outside. Beside that had a hard time to enjoy the stay since i had to keep an eye on my room door to make sure noone went in besides my family.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnrichfield, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
When any guest has a less-than-satisfactory experience with us we take it personally. We apologize that there was an issue during your stay. We are in the process of changing the locks on the pool side rooms and on the enterance doors.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Brunswick
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The rooms are horrible. The toilet was not secured to the floor. the bathroom floor really needs attention. The furniture is dirty and scuffed up and written on with crayon. We were unable to access our room from the Atrium because the lock slot was too narrow for the key. So we had to leave our room latched so we can get in, or keep it locked and walk all the way around to get in so i didn't have to worry about my personal belongings.. I thought it was strange for only having one light switch on the wall. The micky mouse pictures and black markings on the walls were sort of a turn off also, but that is just my opinion. In consideration to the scuffed up dressers and walls, it makes me wonder how clean the toilets, pool, slide, and bed sheets were. We did check for bed bugs, and didn't find any so that's a plus. The pool looks beautiful, but not sure how clean. Not a great experience. BUT the kids did have a great time!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnrichfield, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to let us know about your recenat stay. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be addressed.
Ashtabula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed for two nights for the Kwanmukan martial arts convention and it was a great experience. I've worked in hotels before so I know what a clean room looks like and my room was plenty comfortable and impressively clean. What I was really impressed with however was the service. Excellent all around. Even the cleaning people were super nice. The event went about as smooth as an event can go and the catering was pretty darn good.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so very much for the kind words about the Days Inn! We are pleased to hear that you had a great weekend. We look forward to your return visit next year for the Kwanmukan Martial Arts Convention. Your comments are genuinenly appreciated.
Pickerington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel staff was great. The hotel is older and needed some repairs. We stayed in room 425 and there was a long crack in the bottom of the bathtub. Not sure where the water went during showering. Also in the bathroom missing the light cover above the sink. The hottub needs a good cleaning, has a 3 inch black line around the inside. Breakfast was nice and had a good time skiing. Hotel is older and needs some TLC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for the kind words about the Days Inn staff. We look forward to your return stay.
Ashland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am not sure if the hotel is struggling to survive or headed under. Spent 2 nights and 3 days for an event at the location. The hotel appears to be going through some changes. The bar is no longer open. While our event was at this location, some of the staff seemed very stressed preparing and setting up the food. The facility was relatively clean, but old.

The hotel is dated. Carpets need to be replaced and have cigarette burns in them. There is stuff just sitting around in the halls. The ironing board in the room (415) was broken and would not stay up. My cell phone charger just flopped out of the outlet (of which there are not many in the room).

The beds are cheap and uncomfortable. Everything was just worn, cheap, or broken.

The facility does have a nice indoor pool and play area for kids.

For our event, the breakfast was horrible and so was the coffee. While it appeared they tried, they really fell short. The lunch and dinners were good.

Bottom line, the hotel is not worth the money.

If our event was not there, I would never stay at the hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I would like to take the time to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. When any guest is not satisified we take it personally, and we take action.I want to assure you that your insight will help us do better next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cleveland Independence

Been to Days Inn & Suites Richfield? Share your experiences!