“Clean and Simple”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Medina, Ohio
“Clean and Simple”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We checked in late and didn't get to enjoy all that the hotel had to offer. But as far as the room goes, it was clean. Coffee/tea set up in room. Well-lit bathroom with toiletries. Conair hair dryer provided. Micro/refridgerator combo. Very tall beds with clearly labeled soft and firm pillows. Vending machines worked. Only bad thing: cable tv has about 12 channels. We were pleasantly surprised by the hot breakfast...anything you could ever want. From waffles to yogurt to HOT cinnamon buns!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This is pretty much your standard suburban Holiday Inn Express. I got a room on Priceline for $53. Checked in about midnight with a friendly front-desk employee. The room was pretty big, with two queens, and a nice bathroom. Continental breakfast was pretty generic, but nice to have anyway. The hotel had a bunch of amentities (like free wifi and pool) that we didn't use - but they're there. If you can get a good rate here, go for it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We stayed here for the night while visiting friends in the area. Check in was simple and pleasant. The first room we were in was dirty and run down. There was trash in the drawers and the desk seat was worn to the point of ready to tear open. After it started to rain and drip inside the room I called and asked for another room. The second room was much cleaner and not so run down. The pool was very nice, except the chlorine was so high we were unable to swim for very long. I haven't had my eyes burn that much before! Two of the three machines in the fitness room were broken with out of order signs on them. There were no hand weights or weight machines, just cardio equipment. The breakfast staff was friendly and the breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express fare. I did find it unusual to serve the milk in jugs with the tops off instead of the individual milks and the tip cup by the coffee was odd. Overall this hotel was just okay and next time we will try a different one in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We needed a place to stop for a night when driving home from New York to Chicago. I chose the Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor. The hotel did not disappoint. It was very convenient to I-80 (The Ohio Turnpike). The lobby and rooms were nice. We had a suite with two queens and a pullout sofa bed. The room was very comfortable for our family of 5. There was free internet in the room. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. Beds were comfortable. The sofa bed was not, according to my daughters. Breakfast was decent. The Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls are very good. The breakfast room was large and uncrowded. The staff was nice. The best part of this hotel is the pool. It is clean and WARM. The spa is HUGE and bubbly. There is a sauna, The pool was open until 11PM. When you are using a hotel as a stopover on the interstate, it is really nice to have a good pool area in which to relax and unwind. My family really enjoyed the pool. This hotel is a good value. Also, if you have time, go see Brandywine Falls. It is only 10 minutes away in the Chuyahoga Valley National Park.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank crazywith3kids
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Located right off the highway, the hotel is quiet, comfortable, and clean. The front desk staff were very friendly. Room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. We stayed here on the way to our destination and, based on our initial stay, the return trip. The breakfast is simple and fine for a quick bite before hitting the road though we prefer the Richfield Family Diner (down the road). We had stayed at another hotel in the area and this will now be the one to which we will return.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twinkNYC
Deerfield
Reviewed October 30, 2008

We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express while traveling the Ohio Turnpike. It was very convenient to the Turnpike exit. The hotel was very clean, the front desk was very efficient at check-in. The room was one of the largest I have been in. I was traveling with three children, and we had plenty of room for everyone without tripping over each other. The bathroom was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The pillows had cases on them with labels embroidered for "firm" and "soft". I was surprised that the pull-out couch did not have linens, and called to the front desk to ask for them. None arrived, and when I called back 30 minutes later the person at the desk said the he had just started his shift and had no message about linens. He promised to deliver some right away, and had them at my door in about 4 minutes. In the morning the housekeeping staff knocked at the door at 8:30am. I suppose that was my fault for not putting the "do not disturb" sign out, but since we were staying only one night I figured that we would not be bothered until we checked out. We spent the morning in the small pool, but since we were the only ones there the size was ok. The breakfast was fine, cereal, toast, muffins, etc. They let us use the breakfast room to eat our lunch even after we had checked out of our room. The hotel was very quiet and provided a good place to rest in the middle of our long drive.

• Liked — clean and quiet
  • Disliked — some staff not very attentive
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Budgeter
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Richfield, Ohio. I found it one of the best Holiday Inn Express' that I have ever stayed in. It is a newer hotel with no blemishes. The recreation area consisted of a hot tub, sauna, workout room, and indoor pool. The breakfast was a hot meal (not just to toaster type). The management and staff were extremely polite and wanted to make sure that all was well. They were constantly asking my wife and I if everything was OK.

My wife and I got the dinner and suite package. The dinner was at a restaurant down the street called Memories. I wouldn't recommend it. It was pretty greasy. (And it is not associated with the hotel).

The hotel suite consisted of a heart shaped hot tub and a king size bed. The mattress and covers looked like new and never slept in.

For the money, it was a great deal. I have stayed at more expensive hotels and more "upscale" hotels that give much less service.

The only downside I can see regarding this hotel is its location. It seems to be in the middle of nowhere and could be hard to find. However, putting that aside, I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Value for the price
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield? Share your experiences!