“Good value, lower prices because of its remote locatoon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good value, lower prices because of its remote locatoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I had business in Cleveland but stayed here. Although I had to drive a few miles to my appointments I was more than happy to do so in return for the lower rates I got in this hotel.
Amenities are the standard offered by Holiday Inn Express, which means everything was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for writing that about us as it is very true! We specialize in corporate travelers. We are right at exits for the turnpike (80) and 77.
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Friendly staff at check in...beinging a Platimun Priority Member they checked for a room upgrade (nothing available at the time of our check-in). We were comped with water and snacks. We had the option of a late check-out if we so desired. The room was very clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful in assisting us in finding good restaurants. Breakfast area was clean and the food was nice and hot!

Room Tip: Easy to locate off the Highway. Nice quiet rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We do always try to upgrade our very valuable Platinum Priority Club members, but sometimes we just can't. I'm glad that you had a nice stay anyway!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

the hotel was clean staff was nice but rooms we're not we're not comfortable. The beds are old and saggy, the bathroom fixtures did not function properly. the breakfast was mediocre,the biscuits were hard in stale, the juice from the machine tasted really bad.. I think the machine needs to be cleaned.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am glad that you found us to be clean! We are actually a fairly new property so I'm not sure what to say about the beds. As for the bathroom fixtures, we do have pretty tricky showers (which is how they were made-instructions at the desk). I will follow up on the breakfast situation and definitely have the juice machine checked.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I normally stay at Hilton Brand hotels if possible or secondarily Marriott Hotels. However because of the great reviews I decided to give this hotel a try. My family and I were not disappointed. The decor was nice. The front desk attendant was very pleasant. They provided an array of snacks for my entire family, which was great when arriving at 10 p.m.

The breakfast attendant the next morning was very inviting. The breakfast was good, although the pancake machine was broken, both times we decided to take advantage of the complimentary fare. The rooms were nice as well. My only complaint was that my room wasn't cleaned one day, even though we left our rooms around 11 and didn't return until after 8. And on the other day when the room was cleaned, it seemed to be haphazardly done. But the hotel is over all a clean place, so we didn't bother with complaining. Also, no fault of the hotel, but I think there was a worldwide wrestling convention in the room above us that convened at 8 a.m. every morning.

Overall I would recommend the hotel to anyone. We had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor so you won't have the WWF over top of you like we did.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am happy that you seemed to enjoy your stay for the most part. I apologize for the pancake machine which ended up needing a new belt and for the noise from the room above you. It was Spring Break over the last couple of weeks around here. We do clean both stayover rooms and check out rooms everyday. I'm not sure why the time it was cleaned that it seemed haphazard although we do have a brand new hire here this month (still we will advise the staff of your review). If there was a Do Not Disturb sign up in the morning, it may explain why the room wasn't cleaned the other day. We do provide treats for our Priority Club members at check in and I am glad that your family enjoyed them. I will also let our Breakfast Bar Attendant know of your kind words. Thank your for saying that overall we are a clean place, because we really do try to be.
On The Road
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

While this is an 'average' Holiday Inn Express in terms of facilities, the staff is fantastic! I didn't check in until after 10pm - and the front desk staff was SO welcoming, friendly, and professional - it put a smile on my face even that late at night! (I had been on the road all day, so the day felt even longer!)

The bed was absolutely incredible! SO SOFT! The linens were upgraded from standards hotel linens. I have stayed at major full service hotels that didn't have beds this comfortable!

There is a shortage of bed-side plugs - but luckily I had packed a longer phone charger cord so I could still use my phone as my alarm clock.

The shower was great - plenty of hot water, great water pressure, definitely a thing for an early morning!

The hotel's location is a bit odd - I felt like I was driving forever. There are a lot of businesses around the hotel though.

I was headed in to Akron the next morning, and luckily there was very little traffic on my drive. So if you are looking for a location near Akron, especially the western side of Akron, this hotel is a great choice.

It was a very cold rainy night - so I was really hoping that the room would be warm, and when I first got to my room it was a huge sigh of relief. Some hotels drop the temperature to 65 or below in the winter so they aren't heating an empty room - but this hotel kept the temperature right around 70 - so it was perfect for sleeping!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and will stay here again myself when I am back in the area for work!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review. If you are in for corporate business, feel free to leave me a business card and I will see if your company is eligible for a corporate rate with us.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We came here to get away for a weekend of skiing for our anniversary. Taron gave us a wonderful warm welcome when we arrived. She was super kind and really made us feel at home. When we got there the toilet needed to be plunged, which wasn't a big deal at all. Housekeeping were at our room within minutes to plunge the unseen clog. The mattress is amazingly comfortable and makes me envious because mine is nowhere near as supportive. The breakfast was superb and offered many delicious and healthy options. The cinnamon rolls are so good, be sure to try one. On our second night after returning from a day of skiing we saw a sign at the front desk informing guests that the hot tub was out of order. We were really looking forward to relaxing in the warm water after a day on the slopes. Lastly, my husband loaded up the car while I ate and informed me that he had spoken to housekeeping informing her that we were checking out. I then went back to our room to make sure I hadn't left a pair of sun glasses. Upon arriving I noticed the door was already propped open with a bench so I went in and made sure we didn't leave any other articles behind. 2.5 hrs later I realized we had left our ipod wall charger plugged in. I never saw it on the desk when I went back for the sunglasses, so it had already been unplugged by the cleaning staff within minutes of us leaving the room. I called the front desk and was told it wasn't in the room and that the housekeeping never saw anything. I informed the front desk representative that when I went back to look for the glasses the charger was already gone. She then called back a second time and said that yes the housekeeping had unplugged the charger and someone must have stolen it off her cart. First, the charger was never seen at all by the cleaning staff and then all of a sudden it was, but someone stolen it? I find this hard to believe. Who would seriously steal a Samsung outlet charger, what value does this honestly hold? It wasn't like the hotel was packed with guests, there were maybe 15 cars in the parking lot and it was Sunday. We really liked this hotel, but feel as though some of the staff weren't being forthright with us to begin with. Ultimately, we did get a replacement wall charger that was in a bin full of left behind items that were never claimed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsgfive
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I do apologize for the hot tub not working during the second night of your stay. We have had it repaired several times lately due to unforeseen events. Most of all, I apologize for the charger disappearing. While I am glad that you found one in our box of unclaimed chargers, I am upset as to what happened to yours. I will follow up with housekeeping on this. Thank you for the positive comments about Taron, the mattresses and the cinnamon rolls.
Vermilion, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I went here just to get away for a night. We were greeted by a friendly staff, who got us all set up and offered us snacks and a list of restaurants with directions how to get there. Our room was very clean and taken care of. We visited the pool first thing since it was empty. It was well taken care of and the whirlpool was fantastic. We bought the jacuzzi room, but I really didn't want to use it after being in the whirlpool. The hot tub was nice and could easily fit two. The bed was comfortable, but I didn't like the sheets. They were clean and there was nothing wrong with them, but I prefer softer sheets.
We ordered pizza from Romeo's pizza, but had to dial it long distance. I called the front desk about it and they told me that I wouldn't be charged for it, but it showed up on my bill. When I questioned them about it, they took it off my bill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressRichfield, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield? Share your experiences!