“Beds like sleeping on a wooden box & smells in lobby”

Hampton Inn Richfield
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Northern Indiana
“Beds like sleeping on a wooden box & smells in lobby”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would not stay here again - the bed was like sleeping on a wooden box. I woke up in such pain. This Hampton inn did not meet the usual standards of most Hampton Inns. It is not American owned. I complained when checking out, but she just said "oh". No apology or anything.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Minesh S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richfield, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry for the fact that you did not have a comfortable stay and that you found firmness of your bed to be too hard. Please be assured that we are sharing your concerns with all appropriate management so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations as this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
Grandville MI
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Got a later start on our vacation and by the time we wanted to stop we were still on the turnpike. Should have known motel prices would be higher than what we wanted to pay but nothing we could do.

Basically our room was OK. Beds decent. Bathroom was large BUT the caulking had black spots around soak holder and up tub seams.

Didn't appreciate the phone call at 9:30p while hubby was watching TV and I was almost asleep from front office with a complaint of excess noise on "the floor above". Not sure where the noise was coming from but it wasn't our room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pa, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Easy location, clean, not a hassel. Consider this location, good, good, good am I at 200 words or more. I'll tell you a story about a little puppy His name is Jack. Jack is a Jack Russell Terrier. He lives on a horse farm in Lancaster, Pa. Jack is fearless. He will take down small prey such as squirells, groundhogs birds, wessels. and ferral cats. Is this enough of words?

barboursville, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff here are great. I have stayed here during my travels for 10 years. Its only 12 miles from Fairlawn where there is plenty of shopping and food . It is very quiet since it is in a country setting. And a bar/grill next door if you want joining the parking lot to this hotel. The receptionist Barbra checked me in on my last visit. She always remembers my name and so nice to me. She has always asked me how the family is and makes me feel good to stay at this Hampton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over Columbus day weekend. The first night (Friday) there were very few people staying at the hotel. Saturday night, the parking lot was more crowded.

Room-
OK. The heating/ac unit was a bit noisy, but not something that would make us ask to switch to another room. I assumed that they were all about the same noise level. The towels ranged from white to dingy gray. I would highly suggest that they discard to gray ones. There were no odors in the hall or our room...that always makes me happy.

Breakfast-
Typical hotel breakfast. When I asked if they had hot chocolate, I was told they did and it was near coffee set up. Sadly, there was none and I never saw the breakfast attendant again to request some. But they had lots of coffee and provided to go cups. (I don't drink coffee)

Pool-
Kids liked it. I liked that the kids liked it.

Staff-
When I tried booking the room on my phone 5 hours before arrival, I was unable to sign up for HHonors on my phone or reserve the room(it would get stuck on a certain screen). No problems calling the hotel directly to reserve the room. When I checked out on the last day, i asked about joining HHonors program and front desk person told me to do it using WiFi in our room because it would take too long for her to do it. Hmmm.

Butler, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice and well kept location. Breakfast on the day I was there was not as tasty as usual with every other Hampton I have stayed at. The staff was always right on the spot to help. Parking was good and the location seems very secure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Only stopped for the night. This Hotel is in need of a redo. We have stayed in Hampton Inns for many years and they all seem to be looking a little worn and tired. This one is particularly shabby including worn and grey towels in the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Minesh S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Richfield, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty and sincerely apologize if you found our properly to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Clarion Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Richfield? Share your experiences!