“Worst Staff Throughout Entire Motel”

Hampton Inn Richfield
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Bettendorf, United States
“Worst Staff Throughout Entire Motel”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Toilet seat would not stay up on its own. After room was cleaned staff entered room without knocking while we were in room. Breakfast staff got rude with my wife for mentioning "can we get some coffee the carafe is empty." Then the breakfast staff slammed the container full of plastic forks down in front of me while I was getting some hot breakfast. We immediately went to the front desk to explain what happened and it got even worse. The person at the front desk didn't seem to care and we told her we would check-out immediately. I asked her to please provide me with the names of the manager, breakfast staff, and her name. After getting everything into our car I asked for the names. She said they credited one night and why should I want names. I had to beg to finally get the names and beg again for her to tell us who was who. After all this NOT one word of apology and no manager. My opinion is entire staff from top to bottom does not care. It is a week later and no follow-up call from anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Alan S
Minesh S, Manager at Hampton Inn Richfield, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with and exceptional stay. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you with the accommodating and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
Columbus, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times when hotels in the Independence, Ohio area were booked. It's about 10 minutes south. Great restaurant - bar next door called Memories. Excellent food and decent prices. Try the Scampies in butter sauce. Really scampies not jumbo shrimp.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place was kind of dumpy. The pool is very small, my kids didn't even think it was worth putting on their suits. The beds were small (I think they were full, not queen size) and uncomfortable. There is no Macaroni Grill nearby, so don't book if the online information indicated this. There are some local eateries and lots of pubs / not really where I wanted to take my kids.

barboursville, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Everything was great except the free comp breakfast. At 9:00 am no breakfast . The cook said she ran out of food. Traveling with grandkids that was an expense I really did not count on. I planned the trip so took them out to eat.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Starting with check-in, every hotel employee I encountered was friendly, smiling and courteous. My room was clean, smelled fresh and the AC worked great. The breakfast the next morning was terrific. Keep up the good work!

Waverly, Ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Bedspread had dried food on it. Dirty washcloth and used soap in shower from previous guest. Requested to have shower cleaned and it was not. Peeling wallpaper boarder. Side door is not locked at night.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Minesh S, Manager at Hampton Inn Richfield, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for bringing them up in your review as your feedback is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!
Accokeek, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

After many hours on the road with children in tow, this was a wonderful place to lay my head for the night. Check-in was quick and effortless, everyone was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast the following morning was convenient. The only thing I missed were the fresh-baked cookies that are usually out in the evening at a Hampton Inn--I guess we were a little late. I would definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Independence

Been to Hampton Inn Richfield? Share your experiences!