“Reasonable accommodations.”

Hampton Inn Richfield
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
“Reasonable accommodations.”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I visited this hotel for business-one night only. The staff was less than welcoming-very dry.. I was impressed that they offered dinner for guests, although I missed out due to another engagement.
My room decor was rather dated, however the bed was super comfy. Beware...the bathroom has mold on the walls high near the ceiling. Perhaps they think folks won't notice? Free WiFi, access to fully equipped business center and fitness center. I did not get a chance to visit the pool.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank takeatripp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
Boston
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I booked a king bed non-smoking room on Hilton Honors points.

On arrival to the hotel, my greeting was "You book a smoking king, yes?".

Um, no.

Well, they were sold out of non-smoking rooms, they said. Or maybe not, maybe there was a cancellation. Reservations were checked, and, yes, they had a non-smoking queen, but on a smoking floor.

We took it.

The room smelled more of smoke than the rest of the floor.

I've double checked. My reservation was for non-smoking. I don't really like being messed with like this. I have no doubt that if I hadn't pressed a little bit, I'd have ended up in a smoking room, leaving the nonsmoking room for a paying customer.

On the plus side, the breakfast had those little single serve omlettes, as opposed to the wet mess of unappetizing scrambled eggs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Just_Cambridge
Boston
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 1.5 year old daughter when we were in the area for a wedding at the national park. It is clean enough - some icky smelling hallways and dirty rugs - but nothing unexpected for a exburb motel. The staff was very nice and accommodating. There is a free breakfast, huge variety, mediocre food that is nice to have available, as there isn't much in the area. Convenient location to the national park. Because of the staff, and overall fine quality, would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vacations99
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Booked a king room through website and arrived at hotel. Quick check-in, friendly front desk. I was told the hotel converted from satellite television to cable and my remote was not programmed. Front desk advised someone would be up to complete this task. I went to room and entered, very BIG room. I was given a Jacuzzi room but I did not use it. The carpet was newer and very clean. The room had a nice fresh smell. The bed was clean and so were the sheets. My refrigerator was cold and the microwave operational. I proceeded to the bathroom and found a plethora of towels. All white and clean. I also found the bathroom to be almost spotless.

The work station in this room was very good. Wrap around desk (see photo) with nice large work area. If you’re a business traveler you will like this desk. The high speed internet was adequate but did slow down in the evening as more users logged on. Desk chair was very comfy.

Within 15 minutes of my check in the hotel manager arrived at my door and programmed the remote control. Good selection of channels. The television itself was adequate but I would like to see a large, flat screen TV. Standard models in all rooms.

Standard Hampton Inn breakfast. If you stay at this chain you know what to expect. Had a very friendly breakfast worker who every day told me to, "just sit down and I will make your waffle." Although I declined it was a nice touch.

The hotel was almost full all nights. I found this hotel to be very quiet and I heard no outside or inside noise.

I just wanted to mention the maid service. These ladies were wonderful. They were friendly, quick witted and very funny. I enjoyed my daily conversations with them and they always made me laugh.

Restaurant choice are limited in the immediate area but a short 5 minute drive will bring you to several good choices.

Would I stay here again....Yes. Would I recommend...Yes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Muskywin
Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Richfield in March 2010 for 1 night. We booked two rooms and were happy to see that they gave us adjoining rooms as requested. Both rooms had a complementary bottle of water and snack waiting as a result of my HHONORS status. The rooms were clean and the furnishings were reasonably new and in good repair. Breakfast in the morning was quite good. Like almost all newer hotels, there was the problem that I could easily hear people walking around in the room above ours late at night. Overall though we had a good stay at the Hampton Inn and found it to be a good value (I booked before Hilton updated the points structure).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Wacissa, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I can only add one bit of advice to the other posts for this property. Yes, it's very convenient to the Ohio Turnpike, I-77 and Cleveland, and yes, it's a good, clean Hampton Inn. I didn't notice the cigarette smoke smell that the other reviewers mentioned. I very much noticed that in one day this hotel went from a Category 1 (10,000 Hilton HHonors points) to Category 3 (25,000 points). When I called Hilton, they told me that they had updated the listings for most of their properties, and yes, this would now cost me 50,000 points for a two night stay. This had been a good deal, but now I wouldn't go out of my way to stay at this particular location.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark-nole
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Mostly a standard Hampton Inn. However, the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways is oppressive, even though we were on a nonsmoking floor. Inside the room the smell was OK.

Comforter was old and the fabric pilled. Foot rest with the armchair was stained and had a cigarette burn.

Overall a decent rest stop just off 77 and the Ohio Turnpike, but a little rough around the edges. We bunked here during a bad snowstorm that forced us off the highway. I can't imagine any other reason to stay here other than a break on a road trip. As others have indicated, there is not much nearby in the way of restaurants or attractions.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Clarion Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Richfield? Share your experiences!