Hampton Inn Richfield
$94
Fairfield Inn
$103
Courtyard
Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn(Fairlawn)(Great Value!)
$130
$110
$159
Residence Inn
All reviewsrestaurant next doorfitness centercomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripnice hotelconvenient locationbreakfast areaoatmealroom was cleanbreakfast itemschecking outstaff was friendlythe ohio turnpikesausagewould stay here againnational parknext morning
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Booked a king room through website and arrived at hotel. Quick check-in, friendly front desk. I was told the hotel converted from satellite television to cable and my remote was not programmed. Front desk advised someone would be up to complete this task. I went to room and entered, very BIG room. I was given a Jacuzzi room but I did not use it. The carpet was newer and very clean. The room had a nice fresh smell. The bed was clean and so were the sheets. My refrigerator was cold and the microwave operational. I proceeded to the bathroom and found a plethora of towels. All white and clean. I also found the bathroom to be almost spotless.

The work station in this room was very good. Wrap around desk (see photo) with nice large work area. If you’re a business traveler you will like this desk. The high speed internet was adequate but did slow down in the evening as more users logged on. Desk chair was very comfy.

Within 15 minutes of my check in the hotel manager arrived at my door and programmed the remote control. Good selection of channels. The television itself was adequate but I would like to see a large, flat screen TV. Standard models in all rooms.

Standard Hampton Inn breakfast. If you stay at this chain you know what to expect. Had a very friendly breakfast worker who every day told me to, "just sit down and I will make your waffle." Although I declined it was a nice touch.

The hotel was almost full all nights. I found this hotel to be very quiet and I heard no outside or inside noise.

I just wanted to mention the maid service. These ladies were wonderful. They were friendly, quick witted and very funny. I enjoyed my daily conversations with them and they always made me laugh.

Restaurant choice are limited in the immediate area but a short 5 minute drive will bring you to several good choices.

Would I stay here again....Yes. Would I recommend...Yes.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Muskywin
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Richfield in March 2010 for 1 night. We booked two rooms and were happy to see that they gave us adjoining rooms as requested. Both rooms had a complementary bottle of water and snack waiting as a result of my HHONORS status. The rooms were clean and the furnishings were reasonably new and in good repair. Breakfast in the morning was quite good. Like almost all newer hotels, there was the problem that I could easily hear people walking around in the room above ours late at night. Overall though we had a good stay at the Hampton Inn and found it to be a good value (I booked before Hilton updated the points structure).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I can only add one bit of advice to the other posts for this property. Yes, it's very convenient to the Ohio Turnpike, I-77 and Cleveland, and yes, it's a good, clean Hampton Inn. I didn't notice the cigarette smoke smell that the other reviewers mentioned. I very much noticed that in one day this hotel went from a Category 1 (10,000 Hilton HHonors points) to Category 3 (25,000 points). When I called Hilton, they told me that they had updated the listings for most of their properties, and yes, this would now cost me 50,000 points for a two night stay. This had been a good deal, but now I wouldn't go out of my way to stay at this particular location.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark-nole
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Mostly a standard Hampton Inn. However, the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways is oppressive, even though we were on a nonsmoking floor. Inside the room the smell was OK.

Comforter was old and the fabric pilled. Foot rest with the armchair was stained and had a cigarette burn.

Overall a decent rest stop just off 77 and the Ohio Turnpike, but a little rough around the edges. We bunked here during a bad snowstorm that forced us off the highway. I can't imagine any other reason to stay here other than a break on a road trip. As others have indicated, there is not much nearby in the way of restaurants or attractions.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Property is located on an island between I-80 and I-77 so is convenient if travelling either of those highways. Property is clean and appearance is good. Stayed at this property using Hilton points so I can't comment on value. Beds are comfortable and the room we had was standard size (2 queen beds with a desk). It was nice to have 2 queen beds instead of standard full size beds. Provided a little more sleeping room and added comfort. TV was a standard TV. No flat screens here yet. Perhaps if the remodel flat screens will go in. Breakfast was the usual free style breakfast but they had some hot items like waffles, eggs and sausage so they get added points for the extra items. Downside of the hotel is the walls are a bit thin. I could hear the people next door fairly well. It wasn't a problem because they were not loud after 11:00. Another problem was the toilet was clogged when we arrived in the room. Had to get a plunger from the front desk and plunge the terlit. I didn't like doing this as this should be checked during the housekeeping. Get points off for this. Front desk staff was apologetic and I think they were embarrassed by this. There were no other problems. Check in and out were uneventful. There isn't a lot of stuff around the hotel. There is a restaurant next door that we did not try. There is a Super 8 across the street and maybe a gas station or two. I don't know if there are things close by that were down the road farther as I don't know the area and I didn't explore at all. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the area. I prefer the hotel selection in Independence, OH up the road as pretty much all major brands are represented as well as restaurants. However, I could not pass up the price.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family