“Great stay on a tight budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Richfield

Motel 6 Richfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Great stay on a tight budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel, love the new decor. About 10-15 minutes from downtown Cleveland, convienient restaurants and hidden local attractions nearby. The service was great, the staff was very helpful. Its location is great because if you come in off the turnpike, you can go in out of downtown without continuing to pay a toll. Very peaceful, espically for a weekend visit. Would stay there again and recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Had to get the double bed to get a frige and microwave
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night during a roadtrip.

First impressions: Impossible to find from route 77 or I-80. There is no signage visible from the road, I only found it after realizing I had gone past it and turning around. They really need to fix that. Walking up to my room I was not impressed, from the outside it was definitely the most run-down motel 6 I have seen.

The room: After that, imagine my surprise when I open the door to realize this is a 'modern rooms' motel 6 - laminate floors, orange walls etc.

Pros: The room was clean, uncluttered, and despite the proximity to the highway it was relatively quiet.

Cons: After advertising 'expanded cable' both online and in the office, there was a grand total of nine channels. Most were local news.

The walls were so thin I could actually hear the person in the room next to mine snoring.

Before 9am I was woken up by housekeeping was banging on the door. Seriously? You can see my car parked right outside so you know I haven't left yet. Check-out wasn't till 11, and this isn't exactly a business hotel where most guests are gone by 8am.

As far as Motel 6's go, it was fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Room was good size, clean and comfortable. Had dogs so liked the flooring. The motel was quiet and the grounds outside were cleaned each night. Nice grass area to walk the dogs and there were garbage containers to place the dog droppings. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The good: Fairly comfortable bed, good pillows, adequate water pressure, plenty of hot water, clean furnishings, updated decor, enough towels, quiet building, quiet location, front desk person was helpful, free coffee in the lobby in the morning.

The bad: No blanket on bed - only sheets and a bedspread. The floor was dirty and slightly sticky. I'm glad I kept my socks on. The room smelled strongly like air freshener and when I turned the heater on briefly to take the chill off the room (since I had no blanket), the heater-A/C unit reeked of dog smell. It was bad. They need to change the filters in the A/C units more often.

I could have asked for a blanket but it was very late and I was very tired. Overall I would stay here again if need be because they price was very reasonable and it was quiet. Nothing fancy - just a place to sleep. But they need a better cleanser on those new laminate floors.

Room Tip: Try out your heater-A/C and check for a blanket if you need one before you unpack and settle in for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PersonintheVicinity
Gaylord, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was on the road to PA and stopped here just to get rest... Weirdest motel/hotel room that I ever stayed in... No carpet just laminate flooring and seemed so cold in the room... My 2 1/2 year old Granddaughter cried and wanted to go home, we could not get her to sleep. We payed over $70.00 for the room and even though it was clean and the bed was new and comfortable they still should not charge that much, $45-50.00 total would have been sufficient for such a place... It looks as if they are still renovating; however exterior was dirty and creepy... It is located right behind a Holiday Express... I advise to pay the extra and stay there...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank charissa121
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Richfield, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear charissa121 - Although we are glad that you found your room to be clean and your bed comfortable, we apologize for the exterior conditions you described. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience so we can serve you better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My experience at this motel was very pleasant. The room was very clean and comfortable with prompt, friendly, professional service.

The room decor was also very nice/I highly recommend this location.
I stayed 4/14-4/16/2013.

V.T.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank ccjo106
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very easy access from the highway. Polite staff. inexpensive rates. However, you do get what you pay for. it seemed 'remodeled' to a 'retro modern' (if thats a thing?)...reminded me of a cheap version of the 50's. I felt safe in the area, but the rooms themselves didnt seem overly secure. The rooms weren't specifically dirty, but i wouldn't call them clean. Cheap and uncomfortable mattresses/pillows/linens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson

Been to Motel 6 Richfield? Share your experiences!