“92% pleased”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“92% pleased”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived at Red Roof about 10pm to find out that there had been an accident and the electricity was out for the area. The surrounding hotels were in the dark but RR was running off its generator, Our room had lights and they asked us to not run the AC if possible till the power came back on. I know the staff was under stress from upset customers and people from neighboring darkened hotels trying to get rooms, they still remained pleasant and helpful.Within 2 hours the power was back on for RR. The other hotels were still in the dark. For the most part the room was very clean, the bed linen was crisp and clean as were the towels and washcloths.
Okay for the down side: the carpet was past the point of a good scrubbing, it really needs to be replaced! Our firs night {Fri} was very quiet but the following night the back rooms were full of rowdy young people roaming the parking lots and walkways. I spent most of the night watching our car. My biggest issue was the TV. It is a older tube set that is very heavy. Having a toddler with us the first thing he went to is the TV. We were scared to death that it was going to fall on him. It was bolted into the dresser but was very loose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
thank you for your response. We appreciate all feedback and I will share this with the rest of the staff. Please stop and see us again when you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Garland, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Cherelle was Great a the Front Desk! The Hotel was clean, Limited T.V. Channels, No Flat Screen!Internet was decent! The Staff there seemed to be helpful! For the area probably the Best Rate! Overall not bad!! Here working in the area!

Room Tip: If Cherelle is there you will be happy! She tries everyway to help you with Rate if there is Rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thankyou for your great response! I will share this with Sharella! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were traveling to visit family and booked a stay at the Red Roof Inn, Reynoldsburg, OH. Neither my wife nor I are smokers and have little tolerance for the smell of tobacco. The first room we were issued was advertised as a Non-Smoking. But upon opening the door it was VERY apparent someone had been smoking in that room. A trip back to the front desk and the manager took me to a much larger room and went with me to ensure it was not smelling of tobacco. It smelled fine and we took this room. Later we found that an electric outlet would not hold our plugs to charge our toothbrush and shavers.

A trip to the front desk and the manager told me he would see to that. It was repaired within minutes.

The room was clean but the other parts of the facility left a little to be desired. Quiet stay and the staff was always ready to help.

Looks like they are remodeling so it will be better later.

Room Tip: Inspect the room asap and ensure you get what you are paying for.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honest feedback and we will continue to work hard at making the guest experience a "positive one". Next time your in town, please visit us again!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed two nights in a two double bed handicap accessible room. The room was clean and appropriate. The only thing we found wrong with the room was the A/C compressor wouldn't automatically turn on when it was needed. You had to turn the dial all the way back and then slowly turn it back to cold to get the compressor to kick in. It kicked off just fine though. It also was very loud. The roll in shower was nice. The beds were a bit old and a bit uncomfortable. I had problems with the WIFI staying connected. Tried to call down to the office to request a wake up call and it rang and rang and rang and no one ever picked up. I set the alarm on my phone instead. There was a problem with a bees nest at one of the stairways that made the stairs unable to be used without being stung. Went to checkout and get my .40 off coupon for gas that red roof reward members get. I was informed red roof decided May 1st to give a free bottle of water to reward members every morning in the place of the coupon. Not too thrilled about that. The coffee was so cold my sugar and creamer wouldn't dissolve. I asked for my receipt when I checked out and got about 3 hours away and discovered I was given the receipt for another room which even included their address! I think we will probably stay else where when we come back next time. It's really sad because I believe the property has the makings to be a very nice hotel if some more employees were hired and a few things were changed. They appeared to be very short staffed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate knowing if there is anything wrong during your stay. I am so very sorry you did not get your coupon, the program ended 4/30/2013. I will look in to the room you stayed in to make sure verything is addressed. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention

Travelers are raving about these Reynoldsburg hotels

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Initial impression was OK for a budget hotel. Desk clerk was very nice and accommodated us to provide a room in a quiet location. Arrived early evening, quickly dropped bags off and headed out for a movie and late dinner. Too bad we didn't take a closer look at the room or for that matter read more reviews for this hotel. While after a close look at the linens to ensure cleanliness, the beds were comfortable but for the rest of the room, one word...DISGUSTING. Had to wipe down the small table as there were food and drink stains on it. Also had to clean and disinfect the toilet as there were dried urine stains on the toilet and the carpet was stained and filthy. Not sure when they last cleaned or even vacuumed as large clumps of hair were found near the bed.

If we weren't so tired and had not been so late by the time we returned to the room, we would have gone to another Motel. Do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DebClaw
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Good Morning:
Thank you for your response, As we spoke of on Sunday, we do not accept a room being in the condition that you ttold me it was in. I take pride in inspecting every room on the property and we did not meet standards for that room. Since we did not charge you for your stay, I am hoping you will give us another opportunity in the future..
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this location the night of 2/27/13. As we arrived, there were 2 clues I wish I had paid attention to. First, we immediately noticed the door to one of the rooms had significant paint peel. But the others looked fine, so we went on in. The desk clerk was disheveled - shirt very wrinkled and hanging out. His greeting was very business like - no welcoming or friendly manner about it. The office area he was in was messy and had dirty, warn carpet. Why we did not run, I do not know.

Then to our room. It was so jammed with furniture, we actually thought about setting some outside the door. But it was a rainy night. Not that the rain could have made one of the chairs any worse. The fabric had giant, gross stains. I wouldn't even put my suitcase on it much less sit on it. The carpet was not thoroughly vacuumed - lint, etc. in the corners. I suspect the cleaning people cannot navigate the vacuum with all of the furniture. And the bathroom floor had a dirty appearance. It probably was just the dirty look vinyl takes on as it ages.

It was late, we were tired and we were getting up early to move on, so we stayed. Lesson learned. We did leave similar comments on the card provided at the Red Roof. Perhaps someone will pay attention?

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so very sorry we were not able to provide you with the guest experience that you should expect from Red Roof Inn. Please call me at ext 402 and let me know what room were in so I can fix it for our next guest and if you are back in the area anytime soon, please let me know if we could have another chance at taking care of your stay.
IL
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I didn't know this beforehand - it's one of those walk-up hotels. All the room doors face outside. To get to the second floor, you take outside stairs as well. The front desk is locked and you conduct your transactions from behind glass. For one night, I could have dealt with this as it was already late and dark. If you don't have time to read this, let me summarize and tell you to GO TO THE LAQUINTA INN.

I got a room - which would not open with the key I was given. I go back for another room. When I opened the 2nd door, there were soda bottles, empty food bags, and unmade beds. Clearly not a clean room. I call the desk clerk and ask him to come see what he gave me - I wasn't lugging my stuff back down. He shows up and is apologetic and puts me in another room. This room had a dirty towel on the floor in front of it which the clerk didn't bother picking up. I thought it was all over and I could just sleep. I go to the sink to wash my hands and see black specks on the sink and a CLEAR stain that looked like coffee. I wet a face towel and just wiped it off. When I went to sit on the bed, I pulled the covers back and saw a hair. OK. I tried the 2nd bed and found black specks right under the covers.

SO DONE. I called the LaQuinta I saw across the street and they told me they had a room. I went and gave the clerk my key and left. La Quinta was CLEAN. It wasn't fancy, but well kept. I'm currently washing everything that touched any surface in Red Roof. Maybe those specks were ash...but I'm not taking the chance. I've stayed at hotels at Red Roof's price point, but not at an actual Red Roof. It was disgusting.

Room Tip: Just go to LaQuinta (especially ladies)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Wow! I am really sorry about how bad we did.. We try very hard to make the guest "experience" an enjoyable one and we did a very poor job here. If you could call me at 614-864-3683 ext 402 - I would like to hear more about this, and I would like to do somthing to make up for your poor experience here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reynoldsburg
La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg? Share your experiences!