“Not so good...”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Not so good...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This Red Roof Inn is very dated. The room has old, uncomfortable beds, small tube TV, lights out, and stained lamp shades. It smells terribly of smoke. Very unpleasant experience. Never again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am so very sorry that your experience with our hotel was "poor" I am the new GM of the property ( July 1) I am working very hard to correct any issues of the past, and would like to invite you to come and visit our hotel one more time. I think you will see a big difference! call me at 614-864-3683

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Over the years I have always stayed at this RRI. I spent two nights here over the memorial day weekend. The room had many issues. The carpet was filthy, stains and dirt, crumbs around the edges. I had to pull the stand next to the bed out to get access to the electrical outlet. There was pieces of food, snack wrappers, dust behind there. The wall outlet was so loose it was almost not usable. There were items left in the refridgerator. There something red and sticjy spilled on the stand next to the bed. On day 2 I returned to find the clean towels left on the bed, not on the towel racks. There was no fresh soap or shampoo. The mattress was thin and uncomfortable. It was also a noisy two nights, there must have been several children in the room over me due to the noise and constant sound of running around the room. Moving to another room wasnt an option due to the occupamcy level of the motel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank James R
Thank you for your review! I am the new GM of the hotel ( July 1) and I am working very hard to correct issues of the past. Please visit us again and I will promise you a better experience. I can be reached at 614-864-3683

Travelers are raving about these Reynoldsburg hotels

Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We've stayed at other RRI's, which we've generally found clean and acceptable, but this one was different. We reserved a "non smoking" room - which should be a simple request. We hauled all our stuff to the room, opened the door, and it reeked of smoke. Went to the lobby, they apologized and gave us keys for a different room - so we had to put all out stuff back in our car, move the car, haul our stuff up again, and this time we opened the door and the room was un-made. So, third time was a charm - our third room was pretty clean.

No hairdryers in the room, had to go to the lobby to get one from them.

We may have just had a bad experience, but again - we weren't asking for any special requests, just the standard service. I filled out the RRI survey, and the district manager comped our room for our troubles.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am the new GM of the property ( taking over Jul 1) I am working very hard to correct issues of the past. Please come and join us 1 more time so you can see our hard work! Please contact me directly at 614864-3683 and I will help make you next stay here GREAT!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Excellent hotel hotel; the rooms are nice, and all of the staff is incredibly friendly.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your review! I am the new manager of the property ( taking over July 1) I am working very hard to build the hotel. I will share with the staff here your review! Please come and visit us again, and let me know what you think!
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Customer Service fixes almost everything. I was checked and checked out by the same agent Ms. Nicole Baker. She was Respectful, informative & helpful. She paid close attention to my comments about the room during check out, and demonstrated honest concern. The room itself was barely acceptable. The carpets had dried mud tracks and obviously had not seen a correct vacuum job in a long time. The furniture is old, stained, burnt & scratched. TV (old) but worked fine and the bathroom was clean but very dated. The bed covers had wear on them (literally one of them had a big gash right on top) however the other bed linens seemed to be clean & free of bed bugs. I will definitely return to the property, but will ask to see the room first before calling it a done deal. The customer service helped triple my scoring of this property!

Room Tip: First level rooms are affected by any noise of patrons walking or running through second floor hallw...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David R
Thank you for your review! I am the new manager of the hotel ( taking over July 1) I am working very hard to correct issues of the past and will continue to work hard in the future. I would like to invite you back to see how "things are going". Call me directly at 614-864-3683
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was there Dec 17,and they need to change there chairs because fabrics covering them was damaged/torn. I cannot sit on them. They need to confirm that room service reaally clean up those rooms and changd.
I was to the bed throughout and there bed does not bug

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for review! I am the new manager of the hotel and I would like to invite you back to see the improvements that have taken place! Please call me directly at 614-864-3683 and I can tell you myself what we are doing here!
Southaven Ms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a horrible place to stay. My husband and I stayed over night @ this hotel because of the reviews, boy were we more than disappointed. We arrive late and it was raining and cold and we needed a place to rest after a long drive. The hotel is poorly maintained. The room smelled and the bed linen was badly frayed. There were only two hand towels on the towel bar and they appeared not to be cleaned, so my husband went down to the desk to ask for some clean towels and was told none were available, The lady searched further and gave him 2 bath towels and said oh here I have found a couple of face towels. The pillows smelled so strong of sweat. I (we) will never stay here again

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reynoldsburg
La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
#93 of 143 in Columbus
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Pickerington

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg? Share your experiences!