“This Hotel is 'Best of Breed"”

La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
St. Louis, MO
“This Hotel is 'Best of Breed"”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is located in an industrial, mixed-use area immediately off I-70 and nearby the Port Columbus Airport. It is a "limited service" property designed for the "value" traveler. I chose this title based on the idea that other "limted service" hotel/motels are nearby (Red Roof Inn, Motel 6, .etc) La Quinta provides greater safety and security than those others because of the limited entrances to the rooms that require either a key or a person monitoring the main entrance. The grounds and exterior were immaculate and welcoming. The entrance and lobby are basic and spartan. A dining area is directly adjacent to the lobby. I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk who had my reservation and efficiently check me in. The halls were clean and the carpet did not show signs of wear or stains. My room was clean. With white walls, and basic ammenities, this is a good place to rest for one or two nights. Because it had limited electrical outlets and desk space, it is not, necessarily, designed for the business traveler to easily conduct office work. My room faced a courtyard which kept out the outside traffic noise. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was clean and fresh. The breakfast was on par with a Hioliday Inn Express, but much better than what is offered at similar-level nearby hotels. I did not have the opportunity to check out the fitness area. Overall this is a well managed and run property.

Room Tip: Second floor facing the courtyard
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Pet friendly hotel. Very clean. No odor in room. Front desk staff nice. Room
Nice and warm. Close to Applebee's, jc Penney outlet and downtown is just a drive away. Continental breakfast- juice, milk, pancake maker, bagels, cereal and yogurt.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Ann970
Columbus
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had a bad experience at a cheaper hotel across the street, so I checked in to this LQ.
Doug was great and got the room booked quickly, also informing me of breakfast hours, etc.

I felt safe and comfortable at this hotel.

There's a microwave in the breakfast area, so if you choose to get a cheaper room w/o a microwave, you still have access to one.

I definitely recommend paying more to stay here than any of the neighbouring hotels.

I will never stay at another chain for short-term stayins in this area.

LQ is my only choice.

Room Tip: They do not have an elevator, to my knowledge, so be sure to request ground floor, or confirm there...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love LaQuinta. Since most of my time in hotels is just to have a comfortable place to lay my head, I really appreciate your clean and comfortable beds. Plus LQ's accommodating of pets is another reason we choose LQ.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2012

As a Professional truck driver; when I have a couple of days downtime, nothing beats getting out of the truck! A great 3.5star hotel that is clean and quiet but close to restaurants and a Tim Hortons! I only stay at La Quinta and no matter the location its always clean, reasonably priced, and comfortable bed to sleep on!
No truck/trailer parking

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have stayed frequently at this hotel, which is well run, well maintained, completely comfortable, and welcomes dogs at no cost. This time, however, our car and others were broken into -- smashed window-- and stole my suitcase packed for a 3-day business trip. Our schedule required that we continue the trip sans window. I can't decide whether to return there, but I will surely park in the front if I do return. The staff were sympathetic, but led me to believe that this has happened before.

Room Tip: Pick any room, but park in the front!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reynoldsburg
Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#95 of 143 in Columbus
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East

Been to La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area? Share your experiences!