“Excellent dining experience.”

Hickory House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The restaurant was recommended by a local at the front desk of our motel. My wife & I both had steak. Her a filet mignon & mine a 20 oz porterhouse. We were both very pleased with our meals. The service was excellent & the atmosphere very clean & pleasant. I was tempted to have ribs as they looked very good. We bought a jar of blue cheese salad dressing to take with us. It was excellent on our house salad. Will go back the next time in the area to try the ribs.

1  Thank rcbeltiefarm

Reviewed February 26, 2011

The Hickory House is a bit off the beaten path, 2 miles or so from the Interstate, but it's well worth the trip for a terrific meal! This is a steak house that actually has meat that tastes terrific without having to add sweet sauces, etc. The rice pilaf is the first authentic pilaf we've had outside of Asia and was wonderful. The prime rib was cooked perfectly with no excess fat. Service was friendly and responsive. The only negative was that the bar only had Blue Moon, Bud Lite and Miller Lite on tap, although bottled beers were available.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Ashurbanipol
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Me and my fiance went here the other day. I have been in this city for 10 years. I had heard what great food. I must say when we first walked in I was not impressed with the greeting we recieved. This is a big plus to me. Make me feel like your happy we came to your establishment. However, our waitress YOLI was great. The steaks we to die for. The filet and the NY strip were made to perfection, The salad as well as the homemade rolls were wonderful. We will certainly return thanks to our waitress and the chef..

1  Thank CHERTIA28
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I passed this restaurant for years before entering. Hands down some of the best food and service available for the price. The filet is PHENOMINAL here. The fresh baked bread is to die for. The salads are simple, but the home made dressing make them pop. The ribs are wet and tender. I have never had anything here I did not like. A specialty item, crab stuffed mushrooms are delightful. For the quality of the steak, I prefer Hickory House to many of the top steak houses here in town, adn I have been to them all. Mitchells. Hyde Park. M. The Top. Ruth's Chris. Etc. The Hickory House does it old school with their service and their decor. The food is so worth the trip to Reynoldsburg.

2  Thank BuckeyeGurl72
Reviewed July 11, 2008

They have the perfect steak-juicy, generously portioned with a delicious crust. The service is usually great if you get an older server, the young ones still have to catch up on some things. Authentic place with modest prices!