“Typical Mexican food”

El Portal Incorporated
Ranked #43 of 108 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We visited based on the prior reviews. It's not a 4 or 5 star restaurant. It's decent Mexican food, but pretty typical of most restaurants like this... nothing exceptional. Rice, refritos, and hamburger wrapped in a tortilla says it all.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

El Portal is one of those hole in the wall (though not that bad) surprises. The staff is always friendly, very affordable and food is wonderful. Chicken dishes are the best.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I truly love this place. We are true regulars. I recommend the nachos, chimichangas and steak and cheese burrito. Very flavorful salsa. My kids, husband and I can't go very long without hitting our favorite Mexican place in the Columbus area.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Ok, I have to preface this by saying that I am from Texas, where TexMex/Mexican food is EVERYWHERE, and I have tried most of 'em.
With that said, I would have to give El Portal 3 stars -
It has a very cute atmosphere, with a fun patio with lots of green umbrellas. Luckily, you cannot hear inside the conversations outside...
The chips and salsa are good, not awful, but not stellar. I had the two taco lunch special, and it was not that great. The chicken tacos were by far better than the ground beef. The refined beans were TERRIBLE, not flavor, funny color. I did not eat more than two bites. My friend had the fajitas and enjoyed them, but stated there were too many veggies and not enough meat.

1  Thank butterflysugha
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Started eating at El Portal when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter back in 2004. Many of the waiters that were there then, are there now and they call our names as soon as we walk in the door. We often joke that it is our second home. There is nothing fancy but the atmosphere is friendly and it's always clean. The food is consistently good and very reasonably priced. I had to laugh when I saw one reviewer, from out of town, said it was a tad pricey. LOL A family of 3 can eat A LOT of food for under $25 with TIP!

We've brought many friends to El Portal and they have become regulars just like we are. Love it!

1  Thank DuckyOne03