“Great overall experience”

Ranked #42 of 104 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great overall experience”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Genuine servers. Delicious food @ great prices. it is our Friday routine.

1 Thank jenwilliams1971

Columbus, Ohio
“Love this place!!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I love El Portal! The food is very good - authentic and tasty! My husband and I have been going here for years. The employees are really nice and definitely remember you if you dine there frequently. The food is very inexpensive for as much food as you get. Their salsa is excellent as well. Definitely worth going if you are in the area. Margaritas are also very delicious!

1 Thank re08212014v
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great and Inexpensive Food”
Reviewed February 13, 2009

El Portal is one of our absolute favorite places to eat in Reynoldsburg. Probably the best and most sincere service in town, with tasty, inexpensive food.

I am a picky eater, but I have found several favorites. My wife and I find ourselves being constantly amazed at the quality and quantity of food at such a relatively low price. I favor the encheladas with rice and red sauce, while my wife just loves the grilled chicken quesadea.

We have been going to El Portal for about 6 years now, and we are always seated immediately, and are asked about our drinks almost before we are seated.

In short, El Portal is great service and great food for a great price.

1 Thank Reynoldsburg67
Columbus, OH
“Friendly neighborhood Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed October 18, 2008

El Portal is our favorite restaurant when we want some good Mexican food and to go "where everybody knows our name". The people working there are the greatest and the food is wonderful. My favorite is tacos de carne asada with pico de gallo and tomatillo and chipotle sauce...wash it down with a cold beer or frozen margarita. Flan for dessert and it's almost like I'm Mexico on vacation again!

2 Thank XicaChicaIM
Reynoldsburg
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed July 11, 2008

El Portal is different from other mexican restaurants like Mi Mexico or dreaded El Vaquero. First of all,it's authentic! You get to know real simple people from Mexico,not white folks doing their best to pronounce the menu. Second,the food is good and cheap and tastes like homemade. Third,they have some good drinks,especially margaritas,and for what humble price!
As I said,food is good,the service is nice and everybody's friendly.
If you go there,try their flan! For $2 it's an awesome treat!

1 Thank Leannmean