“BEST EVER”

Cross street: I-70
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“BEST EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Order Steak & shrimp !! and pour lots of yumyum sauce on it !

Visited July 2012

“fav. japanese steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This place will always be my favorite. I tend to compare all others to this one. Maybe because it was my first experience with this type of restaurant back when there were not many of them that keeps me coming back every now again..and no one has the yum yum sauce down as they do.

Columbus, Ohio
“Not a good experience and will not go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

As many good quality, clean Japanese restaurants as there are in this area, I am not interested in revisiting this one again. The floor was dirty, and there was a strong odor of grease permeating the place. The chicken and seafood tasted as it had been frozen a long time. The yum yum sauce is highly fattening, a mayo and chili sauce mixture, and does not bring out the flavor of the food, but merely covers it up. Customer service was lacking, as well.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Anita K
Somerset, Ohio
“Not authentic, Americanized Japanese food gets a low rating.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Yum Yum sauce is NOT Japanese. It is American. I was enraged to learn that the very thing that draws people to this is that god-awful sauce. Go ahead and serve it, but do not cook your food with butter and serve yum yum sauce and call it Japanese. My mother in law is turning over in her grave. What's wrong with the palates of people in Ohio? I figure if we boycott fake Chinese, Japanese and other foods that become Americanized, we can preserve the last shred of dignity the real food has in this country. I'm sorry, I just could not stomach my rice drenched in butter with a fake show for a bunch of fools at the table believing it was "Japanese".

1 Thank higas
Columbus, Ohio
“Great food and entertainment; horrible customer service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our cook and waitress were wonderful and our food was great. The kids had a great time. However, upon arrival, because my wife is in a wheelchair and feels conspicuous in large groups (we had a party of 12 just ourselves) we asked to be seated so she could get situated before everyone else arrived. When refused, I asked for a manager who also refused. I explained that we had 12 people coming in (for which we had reservations), the restaurant was not busy and we would take up an entire section with such a large group but he continued to refuse. When 9 of our 12 arrived, I told him and he simply said, "let me know when everyone gets here". I would have left at that point but we were celebrating our son's birthday and he had picked the place, not to mention that it would have been difficult to find a place for 12 people at the last minute. That sort of blind following of the "rules" has always bugged me but, in this situation, I thought the manager showed a complete lack of sensitivity for my wife's condition and circumstances given that the restaurant was not busy and had plenty of room to accommodate us. I even told him that, if that was his final decision, we would never return and he still refused to seat us. Needless to say, notwithstanding the good food and service we received from the restaurant staff, we, indeed, will not return.
I thought the restaurant was pricey too. It was almost $40/person (not counting the 5 and 3 year old). Customers should also know that they add a 15% gratuity (and don't tell you that when the bill arrives). Although we tipped more than that, I always think its nice to know ahead of time. Maybe it was written somewhere on the menu???

• Visited March 2012