“Great experience!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Berwyn, IL
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Holiday Inn Express Columbus East Reynoldsburg on September 22, 2012. The room was lovely, the desk staff very nice, housekeeping great, breakfast selection terrific! We highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay along I-70. So glad we chose HI Express Reynoldsburg!

Room Tip: We had a first floor room, easy to take luggage rack in and out.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for selecting our hotel,we are delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. It was very pleasing to read your comments,concerning our team, we hope you enjoyed a memorable time while visiting us here in Reynoldsburg Ohio

Warm Regards

Alice & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late Friday evening to our suite only to discover a soiled couch, an office chair that had been ripped with the "batting material" falling out and onto the floor, and the so-called suite a normal size room that had been converted into their definition of a suite.

The bathroom was so small only 1 person could be in there at a time. Very small bath-tub and very small "suite" space.

We did contact the desk staff who was apologetic (manager was not at hotel or available - and never contacted us) and the couch and chair was replaced the next day.

What kind of quality control would allow such defective and soiled items to remain in the room to greet guests? We should have never seen those items.

I've included photos of the couch and chair as we found them upon entering our "suite".

We did not receive an apology or a room discount from management. Will we stay there when we return to Columbus? NO!!

As an added note....the lady in the breakfast area on Sun morning was delightful and prepared a fantastic breakfast for us. It was delicious.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear dafacct,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that our location was suitable enough for your needs and you had a good experience during breakfast. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the room accommodations you received. I will address this with the staff to ensure incidents like this could be avoided in the future.

Pam G.
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I recently attended the Mopar Nationals and stayed at the hotel from 8/10/12 - 8/12/12. When I called to check on room availability Rachel handled the reservation booking. She was both efficient and very helpful. The staff who I had contact with were very friendly and a pleasure to do business with. The person I was traveling with also commented to me on how friendly and helpful the staff were....in fact, we both believed it to be the best experience we have encountered in all of our travels. The hotel was located in an area where there were many eateries to choose from along with a Walmart and shopping center located across the street. I was very satisfied with all aspects of the stay.....so much that I booked a stay at the facility for next years races!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed at other HI Express which seemed much nicer and more up to date. Room rate does not meet what is shown here (much more expensive). Relative to other hotels in the area, the value is no more than average. Look around before booking here.

• Stayed August 2012
Oakland Township, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was a guest in this hotel for two weeks for a conference I was attending. I had to ask repeatedly that my bathroom wall be cleaned (there was green toothpaste on the wall - my toothpaste is WHITE), the room to be vacuumed, and coffee service, which they neglegted to leave 4 different times. I would avoid this hotel. I contacted both the management and their 800 number with the answer, "that's too bad," and "I don't remember you asking for anything to be cleaned." Let's be clear - I had to ask that my bathroom wall be cleaned FOUR times before they did it. The bright spot was Linda, the morning hostess, who had coffee brewing early, and since I didn't have any in my room to make, she was a godsend.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Beth M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for the service you received that did not live up to your expectations and any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your experience. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Pataskala, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at the hotel during the power outage in the area and the staff were very accomodating. The Manager, Alice T. is very professional yet personable. We greatly appreciated all the staff and their assistance. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for the an excellent home away from home. KUDOS to Alice and her staff. We will be back

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Deb D
Port Townsend, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for four nights. I travel a lot for business and I'm used to the normal level of comings and goings from hotel rooms and "hall noise" but this was one of the worst experiences I have had in a several years. Kids were running uncontrolled through the halls including during the evening hours, yelling and screaming, and parents were just as bad. Doors slammed constantly until 2:30am. The hotel should put "soft closers" on each door and that would go a long way to reducing the noise level. Hotel management used the excuse for the noise that they were sold out. The "suite" rooms are small -- separate living area plus bedroom. The sofa bed in the room was very uncomfortable (hard, lumpy). The breakfast bar had no hot food options unless you wanted to clog your arteries -- for instance, biscuits and gravy and bacon (no eggs). Overall it was just a very bad experience considering the price we were paying ($149/night). What bothered me most was the management just didn't seem to care.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellen1956
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Ellen1956,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise during your stay, the sofa bed and choices for breakfast. I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reynoldsburg
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#93 of 143 in Columbus

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East? Share your experiences!