“Not to be repeated!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ravenna
Country Acres Campground
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Went to Country Acres campground in Navarre with my family on Labor day weekend 2011. We found over crowdedness, unpaved roads, a dirty looking "lake". Its actully a pond people. My kids, my husband and I could not sleep. There was some undesireables playing corn hole until 1am. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AND DO NOT RECOMMEND! It is really a huge plot of land with lots of camp site, nothing spectacular or naturistic about it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank travel-icon5

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Facility is some what dated and grounds could be spruced up. Overall experiece was good and we would come back. Great activities for kids, bingo, crafts, pool, bounce pillow.
Issues and improvements:
1.pravillion: even though it is open should be non-smoking. I had to move away from smokers and cigar smoke a number of times.
2. pull some weeds, landscape and plant some flowers. Landscape looked unkept, bocce ball court was full of weeds.
3. volley ball court was grass not sand and far away,
4. pool entrance, landscape looked like the pool was abandoned
5. no path to the pool... follow the dirt path
6. store staff needs computer training

Room Tip: bring your own comforter i dont believe mine was clean. pool side is in the sun if you want shade t...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Family o
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have been camping at country acres for pretty much half of my life at least!!! And it is amazing the owners are very nice and really care about their campers ( ppl) and the campground!!! We have a swan and ducks that they bought!! There is a pool, a huge jumping pillow for the kids and adults too :)!!! Hayrides every weekend and seasonal campers esp. My grandma throws candy to the kids on the hayride!!! There is entertainment every weekend; djs, bands, kareoke, magic shows!!! Its always something fun!! We have halloween at the campground christmas in july!!! If your looking for a great campground that has wonderful hospitality and entertainment them deff. Go to country acres!!! And ps. Its a campground theres always a chance of it being rainy and muddy but hey thats what makes it fun right?! I would recommend this campground to everyone and do recommend it all the time!!! So if you want to have fun and get away for the weekend go to countryacres theres a high chamce youll love it

- brittany <3

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Brit42090
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I wanted to find a camp site close to home, yet far enough for a vacation. Well we found it. The bathrooms/bathhouse were up to date and clean, (even for the fourth of July weekend. The entertainment was enjoyable, the site we had was huge for a popup. We had a great view of the lake, which was clean and full of wildlife. From talking to some seasonal members, the owners are making improvements each that they have taken over.
My wife has never camped until last year and not really enjoying the sites that we went to until now. Now she and I have found what we consider the "best kept secret campground in our area".

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Sswoger
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We also camped Memorial Day Weekend and have camped here for many years!The campground is very well maintained and the owners and staff are very friendly and accommodating.Anytime you go camping ,in Ohio in May,you are bound to have mud.It is CAMPING.(not a resort)The activities they have here are the Best ! The bathrooms and showerhouses are the nicest I've seen!We will come back year after year,and blame Mother Nature,NOT THE OWNERS,for the weather!Alll that rain we had in May is what makes everything here so beautiful for June,July,August and September!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank acutabove719
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Our group started with five campers, and ended up with four. The first campers arrived to find their site had absolutely no pad for the camper to pull into, not anything beside to step out of camper onto. It was a grassy swamp. It was obvious it had been raining for quite a while, and it didn't stop. The rest of us arrived and stayed, but dealt with mud the entire weekend, due to very primitive sites with very little gravel. My husband went to the office to see if there was anything they could do to help us as our sites seemed to be the worst in the place (i.e.-dump more gravel, offer us hay, etc.) but they told us "there was nothing they could do as they had gotten 4 inches of rain." They never even asked which site we were in to come and check it out. The "help" (or lack thereof) actually laughed at my husband as he walked away from the office. Directly outside the door of our camper was nothing but mud (that would literally suck your shoes right in) and water. Our group called our area the "mud bog". The hookup for our site was on the wrong side of the camper, and there was not adequate hookup for the two sites that had to use it. We blew a fuse, and had to borrow a cord from our friends that would reach to an unused power hookup (from the friends that left) so that we had power. The rest of the campground was ok, but even the walkway to the pool was like walking through a swamp. No sidewalk or even stepping stones. The bathrooms were nice, hot powerful showers. But being that we have showers in our campers they weren't even needed. That is about the only nice thing I can say about this place. If you have to go, make sure it hasn't rained recently, and that they aren't calling for any while you will be there. Unless you enjoy being filthy.

Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank HeatherR37
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I have stayed at Country Acres Campground a half a dozen times and am sure I'll be back. The staff is friendly, the park is clean and there are plenty of activities for the kids. I've seen live bands, a magic show and even a haunted house. The fishing in the lake is fantastic also. A+++

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank eodgypsy

Been to Country Acres Campground? Share your experiences!