“blocked sink”
Review of Bay Lodging Resort

Bay Lodging Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I payed 175 dollars for this room and when we checked in we found the sink drain to be pluged ,it was reported to the front desk who promised to fix the problem. Returned at 11 pm to find they left us a filthy plunger to take care of it our selfs , called the front desk who was nice to come up at midnight and spent half an hour trying to fix it with a cloth hanger...it was a bad night in a bad hotel who do not respect their customers or their reputation...stay away from it.

Room Tip: check the sink hole before you take the room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank 195khalil_a

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family recently stayed one night at the Bay Lodging House while they were offering a $99 special during the week. We usually make a couple trips each year for adult time and stay at the Island Club with friends but this time we took our 10 yr old son. I personally would not take a child to PIB on the weekend. The cost is definitely higher and the partying is not family friendly. Check in and check out were smooth. Staff was friendly enough. The room itself was small, but clean, which is most important to me. We did visit the pool area, which was small but had a nice Ohio State theme. The hot tub seemed kind of nasty but the pool itself was clean. Breakfast in the morning was minimal, but enough to get you started. Overall I would recommend for a short stay on the Island.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kelltnas
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We just got back after spending the night. Average hotel. The front desk receptionist Jacyln was very helpful helping me surprising my husband on his 50th birthday. Breakfast was ok. The room could have been a little cleaner where we ate. The room itself was nothing outstanding but it served the purpose of a place to sleep. Good drinks at the bar by the pool. I thought it was a excellent value since I purchased the jet away plan. We got a golf cart and a room for one price. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ssnyder7552
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had high hopes for a nice get away vacation for my husband and I. When we got to this hotel and saw the room I was totally shocked and could not believe that i was charged this huge rate for nothing but a box. The room was like a hospital room. So small and so uncomfortable. Not even as much as a box of tissues in the rooms. It was so awful I did not think I could stay in the room due to my fear of close places. My husband tried to work out another room for us to stay in but the hotel staff was so unreasonable. They would not accomodate us even though they had rooms available. It was the worst vacation of my life. Unbelievable overcharge of the rooms. do not even make a reservation here. TV did not work either. Terrible stay. The pictures on the website do not portray what these rooms really are. I am sorry I ever booked a room there.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel completely. Do not go here......
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Robyn M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place was was close to being nothing more than a frat house for nightly rent, though, if you're into that and don't mind laying out BIG BUCKS for an average to below average room at best, then, go for it, you'll love it...all decked out for the Buckeye fan in all of them...

Room Tip: get a B&B or something off the island, from what I could tell, ALL the rooms were IMMENSELY expe...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel July 22 and 23, 2012. Room was on 2nd floor of detached building. Our experience overall was very good! Easy check-in and a nice cool and clean room greeted us (very hot outside at the time). Our room was clean, had plenty of towels, TP, soap & shampoo, iron & ironing board, refrigerator, etc. The beds were also very comfortable.

We only needed room serviced one day because of our short stay. We left to go view the butterfly house and the winery and when we returned our room was clean. Our only disappointment was the cleaning person did not wipe out the tub, which was fairly dirty from wearing sandals. Again, this was so minor that we just ignored it. All other room details were just what you would expect from a decent hotel. As some reviewers noted, the rooms are not huge. I'm not sure what the other rooms are like, but ours was decent sized and would have been good even for a family of 4.

Of course we were out late celebrating my Bday and listening to some really good bands, so we barely made it to the continental breakfast. But we did manage to get down there just before 10am. We thought the breakfast was pretty nice. Even though it was almost 10am, two staff members were still checking on items and refilling the milk. The bagel, cereal, and ice cold milk was great and all we really needed for breakfast.

We also had a drink at the bar one afternoon and the bartender was very friendly! There were a few people swimming and the pool looked very clean.

During our stay we noticed the staff to be very friendly and seemed to be hard at work trying to satisfy their customers. Each morning we also saw workers outside picking up trash and doing general maintenance. Our room was cool and comfortable, had very little noise, and the location was excellent (right between downtown and the family activity center such as the butterfly house, cave, putt putt, gem mining, etc.)

We have done extensive traveling all over the U.S. staying in many nice hotels and several dumps, so we know what we like. This hotel is a good hotel with friendly staff!!
We had a really great time on the island and will definitely consider staying at this hotel again when we return.

Room Tip: 2nd floor of detached building
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank T F
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I just recently stayed for Christmas in July, and upon arrival the the front desk general manager was rude. She gave us attitude and was very unfriendly. The rooms are extremely small and the the air conditioner leaks. The staff is so rude and they charge you an arm and a leg. The only cool thing about this place is that it is Buckeye themed. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Beachfront Resort
Beachfront Resort
#10 of 17 in Port Clinton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton

Been to Bay Lodging Resort? Share your experiences!