I've had the pleasure of staying at Harriet's House for the past 11 years for an annual girls trip over to Put-in-Bay. We have always had a great time laughing, talking and enjoying cool beverages on the table outside. On these trips we've always stayed at the quaint and very clean house. Because of the wonderful experiences I've had over the years I have made additional trips over with couples, sometimes staying in the suites and other times the townhouses. All of which are in top-notch condition. On EVERY visit (close to 20!), I've found the owners to be extremely friendly. They definitely take pride in their property and you can be confident you will have an awesome experience if you choose Harriet's House for your stay at Put-in-Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio