“Always a good choice.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
Harriet's House & Island Suites
Leechburg, Pennsylvania
“Always a good choice.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been staying at Harriet's House for years. Usually my girlfriends and I rent the house and are always very happy with our experience. I just returned from a short get away to PIB. I stayed in the basement bungalow and was equally pleased. I have nothing bad to say about any of my visits to PIB and Harriet's House. It is always clean and well maintained. Denny and Linda are very easy to work with and I feel that they are very fair with their pricing. The property is centrally located and very convenient. I already have the house booked for a girl's trip in August.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Parma
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My 1st experience staying at Harriet's House was in August 2012 & it was nothing short of WONDERFUL!
We were a party of "6" for a one-night stay & thanks to some good research of properties to stay on Put-in-Bay, I must give the credit to my sister for finding this place. We were promptly taken care of upon arrival to the property by Linda. The accommodations we were booked in were the newer suites, which were located behind the front house. Our suite was located on the 2nd floor & as we were preparing to open the door to our room, we were warmly greeted by owner Denny (Linda's husband), who was in the next room...I had no idea who this man was, because he was cleaning the suite next door, so I just figured he was a staff member ~ and when I say he was cleaning, let me be more descriptive~he was WASHING down the WALLS!!! We had a nice conversation with Denny & into our room we went...let me give you the all-you-need-to-know highlights of this fabulous place...CLEAN! You can tell the owners take pride in this place & it's superbly kept up...suite was SPACIOUS! All 6 of us adults stayed in this suite & there was ample room...2 queen beds, a pull-out sofa, etc...we had brought an Aero bed, so nobody slept on the pull-out bed, but again, plenty of room...AMENITIES! There was a kitchenette of sorts, I'll call it...nice-sized refrigerator (not a mini one) to keep your beverages & food cold & fresh (I think it had a freezer)...a nice sink area with counter space to prepare your goodies/drinks during your stay...nice toaster & coffee pot...these were nice, new appliances...you really felt like you had the nice little extras to make your stay that much more special. The bathroom was more than adequate...nice bathtub (again, CLEAN) & plenty of towels. The sink was outside the bathroom ~ nice counter space there & mirrored wall as well.
So I've read others reviews about lack of freedom, the owner keeping an eye on who is coming into the rooms, etc...I felt more COMFORTABLE knowing that! We didn't feel in anyway whatsoever that we were being watched & what not...This is absolutely not a place for partying, raucous patrons. That's one of the reasons we will be staying here & ONLY here during our future visits (not to mention the cleanliness~again, and PERFECT location)...there are plenty of other places for people to stay if they want the party atmosphere...we had an absolute wonderful time in our suite ~ and we did have the festivities going on in there, but we did so in a manner as not to be disruptive to the other guests staying there...it's a matter of respect & you can tell that the owners give that respect to their guests & equally it should be given back to them...I have nothing but POSITIVE things to say about this place & it gets my top rating ~ no doubt!
The owners were also nice enough to recommend a good show that evening (the group was Savannah Jack) & true to their word, they came to enjoy the music as well~they made a point to come over & greet us when they got there, which we thought was quite kind & personable.
The final highlight would be PRICE....I'm thinking it was around $160 or so...well worth it in my books because of the highlights I've mentioned above...you just can't go wrong staying here!
Check it out during your next visit to Put-in-Bay!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor of the newer suites (they're named after the owner's kids!) I thin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristine W
Waterford, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Wow, we've stayed @ Harriet House 3 straight years now, and loved every minute of it!
Just a block from the strip, and right next door to 3 great swim-up pool bars .
We're a bunch of fun-loving, middle-age couples, who party-hearty. But we're not quite as crazy as some of the college crowd, who drink until sick or passed out, or bring extra friends & strangers home for a late night post-party.
The owners, Denny & Linda, are extremely hard-working & caring, but they're not as receptive to folks whose fun means breaking rules & furniture. So if you want a clean, affordable, well-maintained condo-style place...stay here. But if you want to sneak in a keg and invite every chick or dude over after the bars close, stay somewhere else.
Bottom line, is I love to party my A#% off, @ the pools & the strip, and then love to come home to the Harriet House, where I know I'll get some needed, quiet sleep & slow morning, in a secure place.

Room Tip: For good friends, stay in the multi-unit places. But for real privacy & quiet, stay in one of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was our second year in a row staying at Harriet's House and we plan to do it again next year. It has become a family tradition and we would not think of staying any place else. Denny & Linda are very kind people and very much care that you have a good, clean and safe stay while respecting your privacy. There was 14 people in our group this year and everyone had a great time

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Harriiets's House is the place to stay if you are looking for a good, clean, safe place to stay that is well staffed and well cared for. It's not for the bachelor party where anything goes. The owners take care and pride in their property and it show's. They respect your privacy and provide good service while making sure no one fills the place with noise and drunks who have no place to go. It appears the negative reviews are written by college partiers who just want to stay in a dorm.

Room Tip: The condos are great if your group is close a familiar together. The bungelos are great if you'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at Harriet's House on Put In Bay for the first time this week and definitely will make a return trip. The rooms are exceptional, with every amenity you can imagine. Walking distance to the restaurants, bars and shopping on Delaware Ave. A short walk and enjoy an afternoon at Heineman's Winery or explore Perry's Cave., Need a golf cart - they have that covered as well. We were so busy with Island activities we didn't have a chance to visit the pool. Denny and Linda are the ultimate hosts whether you are staying one night or the weekend. We like to party, but we also like to return to lodging that is quiet and not a part of the 'loud' crowd. Thank you to Denny & Linda for their hospitality. Looking forward to another visit before summer's end.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank delarbar
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at Harriet's House for a little 3 day getaway July 15-17th. The property is very well maintained and clean. There were 5 of us that stayed and the little house was perfect! I read all these reviews and was worried about the owners as some warned. Well let me tell you nobody in our group had any issues in any way with Denny. In fact he was nothing short of outstanding! He greeted us, toured the home with us, told us about golfcart rentals and other island info. We loved the porch to sit and hang out along with the patio. We sat outside the one night until almost 4am and had no complaints from the owner. And we did not have or see him checking up on us. We are in our 30's and 40's and do drink etc. If you are a responsible adult I doubt that you will have any issues with the owners. If you are loud, lewd, or out of control... well then they have the right as would any property you stay at to have you tone it down or make sure their investment is not being trashed. The location is perfect being only a couple blocks from town. And the use of the nearby swim up bars is awesome! 5 thumbs up for Harriets House!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#7 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to Harriet's House & Island Suites? Share your experiences!