“Phenomenal!! Amazing!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
Harriet's House & Island Suites
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We visit the island once a year for a weekend stay and I must say Harriet's House is one of the cleanest places on the island!! It is also idealy located. Most importantly owners Denny and Linda are phenomenal!

Cant wait until next year's trip...no doubt where we will be staying.

Thanks Denny/Linda!!

Zimmers/Cleveland, Ohio

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Harriet's House & Island Suites

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Thankfully i didn't see the negative reviews on Trip advisor before heading to the island. We lucked out finding this place. This is by far the nicest new property in the heart of put in bay. The owners were meticulous in caring for both their golf carts and their suites. My seven year old son was even treated to a few pitching tips from former ballplayer/owner Denny. The suites are spacious, the townhouses are huge an well appointed. Everything is clean and in perfect working condition. From the names of the suites to the decorative items, each has a bit of their family history weaved into it which shows me that the owners care about their properties and their guests. The golf carts are well maintained and washed regularly. Put in bay is great for families during the week and loud partiers on the weekends...come at the time that suits your vacation style! Please ignore the negative reviews, you will not be disappointed in this close to the action property where the owners are available but never intrusive!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Cleanest suite I have ever stayed in. fantastic prices.. friendliest staff and owners ever. couldn't have asked for a better trip.. I WILL DEFINATELY RETURN NEXT SUMMER. I would recommend to anyone looking for quality accomidations at fair prices.....SUITES...TOWNHOUSES...HOUSE.. THEY HAVE YOU COVERED.HARRIET'S HOUSE IS EVERYTHING THEIR WEBSITE SAYS...ENJOY....

Room Tip: Suitesare Private and quiet..very nice.
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I just left the Harriet house and everything being said about the owners is true. Denny even went as far as to follow my 56 year old father down the road at three in the morning to see where he was going (to get a pizza). Never have I been so stressed. You are constantly being watched. Don't even waste your money.

• Stayed: July 2011
7  Thank mmull1
Reviewed July 4, 2011

If you want to feel like a convict on the run, Harriet's House is for you! Not only will you enjoy the feeling of being watched 24/7 courtesy of the overly neurotic owners Denny and Linda, but you will also have a strict curfew enforced upon you! I stayed there with a group of family members. We were just having a nice family reunion but we were unable to have any good time due to the watchful eye. As soon as I arrived in front of Harriet's House by taxi the owner was badgering me for the name of who I was staying with and got increasingly paranoid as we were nearing our strict 10/ house limit. This continued as Denny felt the need to inspect the dinner we were having at the picnic table, and then he stayed up until 4 am keeping watch over anyone walking on the sidewalk in front of Harriet's House. I was unable to enjoy myself because I felt like I had to constantly look over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't going to get evicted. I left a day early, and I wouldn't even shower there because I felt as though the owners would be watching to make sure I didn't waste any water! Also, they are extremely degrading to you and make you wait outside on the sidewalk while they walk through and make sure you didn't tear the place apart. Ever had a place treat you more like a child than that? I know I haven't!

Sure, the location is by the downtown area and the houses are nice, but it's honestly not even worth it because you are unable to enjoy yourself at all! Denny feels as though he owns the island and because of that he feels as though he can tell you how to run your life. I would never recommend this place to anyone, and I certainly will never be returning. I would rather stay in a dive with cockroaches than feel like I was being watched 24/7.

9  Thank melissam92786
Reviewed June 30, 2011

A small group of us (in our 30's) stayed in one of the suites and the location is very nice. However, the owner Denny who we nicknamed "Daddy Denny" sits in his golf cart every night and watches you get home from the bars. Since we had a few smokers in our group we sat outside and drank a beer while smoking and he would drive by in his golf cart watching us. We decided to grill out one afternoon and he came back to look at what we had on the grill and see what we were up to. It felt like we had brought our dad with us and we were 12 yrs. old again. You can have no guests in your rooms for any reason and be prepared for him to be watching at all times day and night!!! It is a very clean place and a great location but if you like to have some drinks and not be in bed by midnight I don't recommend staying at Harriets house!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Michigal6
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We had a great time staying at the townhouses owned by Linda and Denny! We stayed this past weekend with them in the townhouse that has their office in the front room. The townhouse was so clean and new..I believe this is the second year they are open...if you're looking for clean housing right next to the downtown strip, I would highly suggest harriet's house. We were a bit worried after reading the review that said Denny was sitting on a golf cart monitoring their comings and goings, b/c we're a late 20s/early 30s group, but we had NO such issues. Denny and Linda were both amazing! Denny came by once while we were all sitting on the back porch drinking to just say hello. They are not intrusive at all and even went out of their way to accomodate a group of girls that changed their plans last minute the weekend we were there! You won't find that anywhere else!! Thanks Linda and Denny for making our weekend at the Bay...Perfect!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends