“Nice resort for families”
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Reviewed August 22, 2006

This resort is right on the lake, and all rooms are set up with a view of it. It is away from "the strip" but just a few minutes on foot will put you there. There are two pools and a large jacuzzi, and a tiki bar.

Our summer visit was on a Tuesday and Wednesday night, and I believe the resort was completely full. But the pools were not too crowded and the atmosphere was very relaxing.

I think we got the best price for a golf cart at the Bayshore, and of course it is most convenient to get it and return it where you are staying.

It is certainly pricey enough, but I think with young kids, it's a safe choice. Don't expect anythng fancy, just a clean room with a great view!

Put-in-Bay has enough things to do for about 2 days. We had a great time and the restaurants and shops are very nice. Many of the bars have bands every night, so that makes it very lively.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank Tracey G
There are newer reviews for BayShore Resort

Reviewed July 23, 2006

What a fantastic place! We were very pleased with the overall experience at Bayshore Resort! As we came off the ferry, we did need to get directions to the resort (We were not sure as to the exact location) but found it easily enough. Although I would say it's more of a 5 minute walk than a 2 minute walk, it was quite pleasant. Luckily we made it before the rain! The girls at the check-in were very pleasant and helpful. We did leave our luggage in the holding room until we were able to get our room and had no problems. I would suggest not having valuables in your luggage if this is of a concern to you. The Tiki Bar was wonderful and I must give Kudos to Andrea, the bartender! Even with the pouring rain, she definitely made our first couple of hours in Put In Bay a sheer joy! The rooms were fantastic! Clean, neat and a great view of the lake and pool! I would suggest showing the house-keeping crew a little "appreciation". Four girls go thru a lot of towels! As for security, if you are planning on "picking someone up" and taking them back to your place, Bayshore is NOT for you! I, personally, chose this resort specifically for this reason as it tends to get crazy at times and you never know who might follow you home. Security stands right at the front door and checks every person coming in. They also check for alcohol so if you buy it..don't bring it back to the resort. Other things to do..If you are interested in renting a golf cart, get there early for the 6-seaters. We had 6 people and ended up having to rent 2 4-seaters. Also, the jet - ski rentals are a bit higher than those in-town; however, they only let one jet-ski out at a time so you can't enjoy the day with a bunch of friends. All in all, it was a great place to stay and definitely worth the money! I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank hbeno
Indiana
Reviewed July 7, 2006

Hotel was very clean, security good, excellent view. We requested 2 rooms close together and were accommodated for our family. Pools very clean, well maintained. Staff pleasant and attentive. Would definitely recommend to others and would stay there again. Great view. Only problem was a bad smell of the stagnant water on the one side of the hotel near a very small inlet from the lake. Hotel is on the south side of the island and water does not move as well as on the north side.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2006

We found our room to be very clean and comfortable. The balcony was a great place to sit and relax. The bathrooms are very large and the glass shower was a nice change. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The cost of the room was a bit pricey. I was disappointed to find that our suites were one room. I assumed that the large suites would have at least one seperate bedroom, but instead you get a half wall that divides the beds. Our smaller suite was a single bed with a pull out sofa couch. I have now learned to always ask what exactly you are getting. I did enjoy having drinks while over looking the lake.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank sigs99
pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2005

This was my first time to vacation in Put in Bay and staying at the Bayshore Resort was a great experience. The room was great,staff friendly and helpful and location perfect. I would and already have highly recommended this as the best place to stay.Also the price was great being that it was off season,but I would stay anytime,thanks!

• Stayed: September 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2005

We stayed at Bayshore for 3 nights during the week. Our first trip to Put-In-
bay. It's always a gamble reserving a place off the internet without seeing it 1st hand. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED!! Bayshore is very clean, well kept modern hotel. It's within walking distance (5 minutes) of "the action" downtown and yet it's far enough away to enjoy the quiet, peaceful view of the lake and the landscape. The rooms were clean, modern, and comfortable and the screened in balcony was great for relaxing. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pools, jacuzzi, and tiki bar were absolutely beautiful and spotless! Golf carts were available right there or else staff would get a taxi for you in less than 5 minutes. Reservations were made in March for July and everything was perfect when we got there and check-in was very smooth. I'm a very picky person and I was not disappointed in my choice to stay at Bayshore in any way!! I would definitely like to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2005
19  Thank barb h
Lemont, IL
Reviewed July 22, 2005

Just returned from BayShore Resort and had a wonderful time. The rooms were excellent. Loved the huge bathrooms and the screened in porch. The pools were great especially having the tiki bar right next to it, made it very convenient for eating and drinking without going far. Would definetly book by next stay at BayShore.

• Stayed: July 2005
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#4 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!