“Don't Waste the money....”
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Reviewed July 2, 2005

My two boys and I visited the Bay Shore this past week for the first time. It is the most expensive hotel on the island but the Put in Bay Resort, which we wanted to try only had smoking rooms available. The Put in Bay Resort is $115 for a weekday and the Bay Shore is $165. So, I thought I would splurge and try the Bay Shore. First of all, the service was nothing outstanding....some employees were friendly, others were not. The pools were nothing great. No swim up bar and the whirlpool wasn't even working the day we went. The pool closes at nine p.m. which is early when you want to come back and swim after exploring the island for the day. Also, like most people we wanted to still do activities after checking out on the second day...check out is at 11am. I had called ahead and asked if there was a locked area for us to store out luggage and was told yes. When we went to do this, there is no locked area at all. I was told they said 'secured' not locked. They consider it secure because of a security camera. It is an open area with shelves in the main lobby. There is no tagging system, they do not check ID when you are taking your luggage and there is no one watching that area. A security camera wouldn't be much help after you got back and realized all your money was stolen hours before. I was VERY uncomfortable leaving my car keys, cell phone, money and souvenirs there. It would certainly be very cheap for them to add a locked door. Overall, I felt there was no reason to waste money on this expensive hotel when the service was medeocre at best. There are no extras for you going here....for example, no free newspaper in the morning, no discounts for golf carts or other activities on the island, no free continental breakfast and in fact, no food service at all other than snacks at the bar. Not even any food vending machines. On the up side, the room was clean and the view of the lake was beautiful. Another year, I would like to try the Put in Bay Resort or stay at the Islander which we did in the past and it was every bit as good as the Bay Shore.

• Stayed: June 2005
18  Thank ernurseMedina_Ohio

A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland
Reviewed June 7, 2005

First off we show up and they won't let us have anymore than 4 people in a room at a time...just sitting there watching tv! The security was too tight. (He practically watched us all night.) The girl at the counter was so very unpleasant, she scouled through all our check in's and out's. Then at 2am we were informed we would have to purchase another hotel room because a fifth person decided to stay in the room. So at 2am, I was forced to buy another hotel room, for $200 for approximatley 9 hours.
I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE. NOT WORTH $200 A NIGHT. HORRIBLE SERVICE!!

• Stayed: May 2005
#7 of 7 in Put in Bay
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!