“One of the Best Things I Ever Did”

Put in Bay Parasail
Reviewed July 14, 2012

While vacationing at Put-In-Bay, my teenage son, teenage niece and I went parasailing. It wasn't anything I'd really thought of doing before. We were just there and saw the sign advertising it, and I asked the kids if they'd want to do it. They said yes, so I went along. I am in my 50s, and never did anything like this before. It was one of the most beautiful experiences I've ever had.

The man who takes you out on the boat is extremely experienced and has a terrific helper. We were very comfortable with the whole thing. Your feet never touch the water. You are buckled into a harness and given very clear, simple instructions. You can go up alone, which I did, or go with another person, so my son and niece went together. The parachute fills up with air and the cable slowly unwinds so you are pulled up into the sky. When you are done, the cable is slowly reeled in until your feet gently touch the floor of the boat.

The experience is almost spiritual. In fact, it is spiritual. You just glide along, way above the Put-In-Bay area. It is peaceful and amazing. Just before our boat went out onto the lake, some people walked past us, and one of the women said, "It's a beautiful view from up there, because you can see so much of the island." And she was quite right.

I was so happy for this experience and would encourage anyone to do it. I absolutely loved it.

6  Thank TwoTripTakers