“Watch Cancellation Policy...Do Not Give Credit Card” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edgewater Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Albany, OH
“Watch Cancellation Policy...Do Not Give Credit Card”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2004

I made a reservation in off season. I made reservation one day in advance and then had to cancel later that afternoon. I assumed I would be charged $25.00 for the cancellation fee. I was charged $69.69 for cancelling my room. I was never told when I made reservation of this fee and I was only able to find information on web pertaining to $25.00 fee for cancellation 14 days in advance. The woman I spoke with on phone was very unaccomodating. I STRONGLY ADVISE TO LOOK AT OTHER PLACES BEFORE THIS ONE....WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER SO COMPANIES LIKE THIS CANNOT CHEAT US OUT OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY....

35 Thank kimhobbs1
, Owner at Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2004
When this person placed their reservation on the same day, they were informed that reservations made the same day were subject to a 50% deposit as it is a guaranteed reservation. Customer chose to place the reservation and was faxed the confirmation letter, which was faxed back signed by the customer.

The hotel stands by it's decision per posted policy and the client was charged the deposit as the hotel room was held until after ferry service was concluded to the island for the evening.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cleveland, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2004

I reserved a room for my dad and his friend for a Saturday night last Fall. I made the reservation with the manager for Saturday night. The manager asked if we needed a room for Friday night also. I confirmed that they would be arriving on the Saturday morning ferry, so there was no need. Credit card needed to hold room

My dad got there Saturday morning. Manager said the reservation was for Friday night. No room available that night, plus my credit card was charged $140 for the Friday night.

Long story short. Filed complaint w/ BBB and PIB Chamber of Commerce. Only got my money back after my credit card company fought it (went back and forth a couple of times).

32 Thank usa352
, Owner at Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2004
We as all hotels on the Island require a 2 night minimum on weekends, This is posted on our website and also contained in all confirmation letters. The first night is a deposit for the weekend stay, weekends are considered Friday and Saturday. The guest failed to show up for Friday night and we booked the room for Saturday. Therefore the guest was charged for their NO SHOW on Friday night. The hotel retains the signed confirmation letter from the guest.

Travelers are raving about these Put in Bay hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2003

We just returned from the island of Put-in-Bay and had a wonderful time. The island is a great escape from the hustle of the big city. We stayed at the Edgewater Hotel in a suite with a spectacular view and the folks there were friendly and very hospitable.We rented a golf cart from the hotel and toured the island one day and rode mopeds the next. I would highly reccomend this hotel and the island for a great getaway!

• Stayed August 2003
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2003

I was told over the phone the room price and there was only one dbl room left they asked for my credit card to reserve the room. Upon arrival, the rate doubled. As they had already charged my card, they refused to re-credit it so I could try to find another place to stay. I also was locked out and was charged an additional $25.00 to get back in. Although they did refund the 25.00, it was after I called the police because my son and i were assualted by the woman who finally let us in our room.

28 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#6 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!