“Something for everyone in the family”
Review of Perry's Cave

Perry's Cave
Ranked #8 of 33 things to do in Put in Bay
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited Perry's Cave Fun Center on Memorial Day weekend when the weather was cold and breezy. We rented golf carts and drove around the island. We had stopped here on our last visit several years ago and had fun so we returned this time.

The antique car museum was free and though it isn't huge, had a dozen or more cars, trucks, and scooters that had been used on the island for years.

We didn't really take advantage of everything that was available here because we did have a group of 15 people and paying the seperate cost for each activity would add up quickly. I have heard there are some package deals and if I return, will check them out beforehand.

We did purchase 2 bags of dirt for mining. One with "gems" and one with arrow heads. The cost was about $20 total, so a bit pricey. The gem stones are pretty small, but the arrow heads were a nice size. A card to identify the stones and bags for your finds was included. The children had fun and my 4 year old nephew carried his bag of "diamonds" around the whole weekend.

The gift shop was nice and the prices for some of their items were cheaper than the same item we had seen on the main strip.

This is definitely a "tourist trap" kind of thing, but if you can get the right package price, or choose wisely, it is a nice stop on the island tour.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"fun"
in 61 reviews

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We did the cave tour. It was $7 a piece with discount via shore savings card you can pick up for free at visitors center in port clinton. Leah was our guide and was a very imformative and friendly girl that really made the cave something to see. It is a lot smaller than we expected and is more like an underground dungeon. You can see the whole thing in 5-10 minutes. I would not do this attraction again, but I am not mad I did it. The only real negative was the unfriendly older asian lady at the register. She just dont make people feel welcome or appreciated.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was not much to see. They should try to open up the other caves in the area, This should be free to visit.

1  Thank ParksTravel30
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love caves! That being said, this one has a lot of history. I'd tell you more, but I'd hate to ruin the tour. The gift shop also has a great variety of fossils and rocks that would delight any geologist. This is definitely worth checking out.