“Campfield 9-2013”
Review of Heineman Winery

Heineman Winery
Ranked #5 of 34 things to do in Put in Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Put-in-Bay's Only Winery.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We visited this winery while vacationing here. I don't think they were very friendly. We couldn't get much information out of them, and they didn't offer any at all. It was end of season, and I think they wanted to get out of there. We did not do the tour of the cave. The gift shop was nice and the person in there was very friendly and helpful. I am not sure I would go back here.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been here with friends twice, and both times have loved being there. There is a patio/ garden to sit and try their various wines. The wines in my opinion were very good, and reasonably priced. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I look forward to returning there on my next trip to Put-In-Bay.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went to visit Heineman's as part of my sister's birthday weekend. We toured the Crystal Cave and the winery's processing areas. After both tours we got a free glass of wine. I thought that was a great deal for just $7. I am looking forward to going back to taste more of the wines. The one I got to tastes was very good. It isn't the fanciest winery but it has a lot to offer still.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited the crystal cave/winery on our recent trip to Put In Bay. The cave was interesting but small. The winery tour was short but educational. We sampled the wines but didn't find any to our liking. These wines were generally very sweet. If that kind of wine is to your taste, then you will enjoy the tour.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This place can be loud and crowded but after a few drinks you won't mind! There are plenty of picnic tables outside. Wine starts at $10 per bottle.