“our 22nd anniversary”
Review of Heineman Winery

Heineman Winery
Ranked #5 of 34 things to do in Put in Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Put-in-Bay's Only Winery.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

my wife and me went to heinemans for our 22nd anniversary and had a bottle of wine called Island Chablis and the spreadable cheese , oh it was sooo gooood....

There are newer reviews for Heineman Winery

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Heineman Winery was the first winery I ever visited. Several years ago, I took the tour and took part in the wine tasting afterward. I became a wine drinker after that.
Since then, I have been to many wineries all over the country but I will never forget my first winery experience at Put-In-Bay. If you don't think you like wine, try Heineman's Winery. Make sure you go on the tour first. It adds to the experience and it's an important aspect in wine tasting. (The crystal cave they have on site is pretty cool also.)

They have everything from sweet to dry red, white and blush wine. They also have a concord sweet wine that isn't exactly for the most discriminating wine connoisseur but it's great if your looking for a wine that tastes exactly like grape juice. I love it.

This is a must see attraction on Put-In-Bay. I visit Heineman's Winery every summer.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great day trip anytime of the year! Can't wait to go back and try some different wines with our friends.

1  Thank Laurene M
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Quick tour, just a few rooms. Perrys Cave was cool. Bar was a little small. Could have walked there from most places.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Go to Put in Bay Winery! DO not go here! We walked in, a group of 10 women, and the place was jam packed. You'd think that would be a good sign but not so much. The man behind the counter was immediately rude to us. We told him this was our first time and to explain to us what he had and the process. He, very rudely I might add, tossed a piece of paper down on the counter and said "We sell glasses for $2 and these are the bottles". That's it. We each ordered a glass (and by glass, I mean a DIXIE CUP) of wine for $2. My one friend ordered a pink wine and he poured her the wrong one. She told him about it and his response was "No you didn't order that" We all stood there dumbfounded. So rude!!!! We left immediately. And went right to Put in Bay Winery! Much better!! Will never ever go back here!

2  Thank Tara S