Ahoy Inn
Commodore Resort(Put in Bay)
$109
Edgewater Hotel(Put in Bay)(Great Value!)
$145
Bay Lodging Resort(Put in Bay)(Great Value!)
$132
$99
$148
$144
Hotwire.com
Park Hotel(Put in Bay)
$48
Put-in-Bay Condos(Put in Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsirish roomclose to downtownb bcomplimentary bicyclesbed and breakfastthe main housefriendly ownersgolf cartyear anniversaryenjoyed our staygreat place to staythe location is perfectnice roomquiet areaprivate bathroomclean roomsking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first experience at a Bed and Breakfast and at Put N Bay. Ahoy B & B was a wonderful place to stay for our group of 6. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The owner's were friendly and accomadating. We had nothing negative to say about the place. The location of Ahoy was perfect since it is a short walk from downtown Put N Bay. Looking at the other reviews I do have to say that we did not have any issues with noice complaints. We sat out on the patio until 12:00 a.m. with no complaints about us being loud, and we did have one in our group that might have had a little too much to drink. Since our group in notorious for sleeping in, it would have been nice if the breakfast was left out a little later. When I came into the kitchen there was coffee but the breakfast had been put away. All in all, our experience was great. We would definately stay at Ahoy again and will reccommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our recent stay was the fourth visit to P&B. We tried a new bed n breakfast as our group had grown to seven couples and it can be difficult to find a nice place to accommodate a large group. We were pleased with Ahoy as each room in the main house was of equal quality. It is clean, well kept, and close to downtown. Every room had a king bed and private bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. We found Nick, the owner, to be friendly, accommodating and in all honesty, tolerant. We gathered on the Inn's large porch and we were loud at times, laughing, playing music, and having fun. We would definitely return to this Inn. In fact we preferred Ahoy over the other two Inns we had stayed before. Our only criticism would be the breakfast choices. There is quantity but not quality. We would recommend offering fresh cut fruit salad, hardboiled eggs, and fresh baked goods. However we give high marks for Ahoy Bed n Breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have been to the Bay too many times to count over the past 20 years and stayed at a few B&B's on the island. I can honestly say that this visit was the worst experience at PIB. First off the place is beautiful and clean, no complaints there. Unfortunately, that's where my positive review stops. I've read all the reviews on this site for the Ahoy (all six), like the saying goes there are always two sides to every story. We were vacationing with another couple and had the adjoining balcony. On the first day after our friends joined us we were "enjoying" the balcony and catching up with our friends who we see once a year. This was between 4-6pm. Apparently, according to the owner, Nick, the volume of our voices was disturbing his "neighbors" dinner, not any other house-guests. I understand that when four guests are on the second floor balcony having fun that sound must travel but to be reprimanded at 4pm is a bit absurd. We weren't having a frat-party. I guess the frat party was on Saturday when 3 other friends arrived unexpectedly for a day-trip to the Bay. This was approximately 3pm and we were catching up on the balcony for a half-hour while deciding where to go. So in that short time frame Nick came up into our room and informed us that other "guests" had been complaining and also noted the 3 unregistered guests who were in the room. Fine, we understand rules are rules but 3 in the afternoon? And we asked two other guests who were leaving their rooms if we were disturbing them and they were surprised and commented they didn't even know we were there! I guess the only time you're allowed to have fun and carry on is during the 8-10am breakfast service. I know this to be true as I was awakened twice between the hours of 8-9am on Saturday from the loud laughter and chatter in the breakfast lobby directly below my room. I'm sure after reading Nicks rebuttals, he'll say this is our fault too as we should have picked a different room. And we all understand the continental breakfast but coffee should always be in abundance and a guest should not have to wait for a pot of coffee to brew. Please for your future guests, get a second pot or a warmer to eliminate the wait, that's just basic when you know you have a house full of guests. I normally don' t write reviews but felt compelled after reading all of the other (6). Again, my compliments to Nick and his wife, you have a beautiful, clean place. But please update your website and include in bold lettering that this is the Ahoy NO NOISE ALLOWED STRICTLY ENFORCED B&B (Except during breakfast).

Room Tip: Check for availabilty at Ashleys Island house or The Getaway Inn
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TeddyBallgame_17
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was not going to say anything due to previous positive reviews but since seeing Indybuck's review I felt compelled as I had a very similar experience. My wife and I are in our early 50s and have loved coming to the islands to get away from it all and to have some fun. Unfortunately, we felt like we needed to whisper and tiptoe around to appease the owner, Nick. We are not big partiers but do want to have fun and talk and laugh with our friends while on vacation. That was not possible at the Ahoy. Once, someone told a joke and 4 of us laughed (at around 1pm mind-you)...Nick told us he "had other guests" and inferred we were not being respectful of them. The place would be great if you are writing a book, studying for an exam, praying, or wanting to meditate...but this is PIB for gosh sakes!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We are still here for are second night. Came as two couples. We have the irish room and they got the greek room. Both are very very nice! Very clean also. Nick the owner aand his wife were very nice. We would definetly suggest this
B & B to anyone that wants a quiet and affordable place.

• Stayed: August 2012