“Great views, decent food”

Upper Deck Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Put in Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ruskin, Florida
“Great views, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very enjoyable with views of the bay and the large open ceilings make the restaurant feel roomy. As with all restaurants in resort towns, things are pricey. Two drinks, one soup, two sandwiches, $55 plus tip.

They are known for their lobster bisque so we had to get a bowl. Super thick soup, what we would call stewp. The bowl was loaded with lobster chunks and had a good flavor. I ordered a cheeseburger, medium well, but it arrived full of pink in the middle. A total turn off for me. My husband had the chicken bruschetta sandwich and liked it. Nine of it was exceptional, just a decent meal. I think menu selection is key.

Visited June 2014

Akron, Ohio
“Best restauart on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is probably the best sit down full service restaurant on the island. The atmosphere is high quality and the location (upper floor of the boardwalk) cannot be beat. The food we had was good quality and while the portion size of the perch sandwich was a bit small for the price it was one of the better seafood meals that I had on the island. Overall, if you are looking for a good meal and atmosphere this is the place to go on PIB.

Shanghai, China
“really nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We enjoyed this spot very much. The view was fantastic, overlooking the water and docks. We sat inside and found it very lovely. The service and staff was friendly and very efficient. The food was tasty, and the pricing seemed fair and equal to what we might expect from a place like this. We would have liked to make reservations, but they did not take them for a party of just 5. We'd love to come again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Food was good but expect to spend money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Came here for lunch during a weekend visit. Had to try the famous Lobster Bisque. It WAS good. I wouldn't say life changing but good. Ended up spending 70 bucks for two beers, two sandwiches, and two bowls of bisque, so that was a little more than I expected. Usually if I spend that much I want to be a little more blown away but what can you do? Got the Lobster Roll and the BF got a Yellowfin Tuna Sandwich. No complaints about the food, it was good, just not crazy good. I would be happier with this place if the prices weren't so high. It was hard to find anything under $15 and most things were over $20, so be prepared. The view can't be beat though, you almost feel like you are in a giant fancy yacht on the water. We wanted to sit outside but they were full, so you might have to wait if you have your heart set on a patio seat. Next time, I would just go to the ground floor where they have a food court kinda thing and just order some lobster bisque there.

2 Thank violetdoll
Marblehead, Ohio
“Good service, good food, but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We went for lunch on a Saturday. We had a very pleasant and most helpful waitress. It was her first weekend back for the new season, so I forgave her a couple of small gaffs. I ordered the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese. It was tasty, but 1. It was more of a Lobster Alfredo due to it's consistency and composition. 2. It was pricey for the serving size. The lobster was there, but ground up fine. I expected it to have some chunks. I suspect due to the color and consistency they make it with their Lobster Bisque. The other five people in my party said the food was good also, but pricey. I realize they are on island in with a limited season, but still think the prices were a bit steep.

• Visited May 2014