“Weekday trip”
Review of South Bass Island

South Bass Island
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Put in Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Theres plenty to see at South Bass Island, such as the Marblehead Lighthouse, the Cedar Point Amusement Park, and the William Perry Monument, and its fishing opportunities cant be beat, especially if you're fishing for Walleye and Perch.
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided that we wanted to get away for a few days and decided on PIB. Neither of us had ever been there, but heard great things from friends. So I started doing my research on Trip Advisor.
When first starting out, I wasn't very impressed with the reviews on the hotels in the area. Mainly loud party hotels that aren't kept very nice. We weren't looking for the party scene, we wanted relaxation. Maybe this isn't the place for us?? When I was about to scrap this trip and find somewhere else, I just by chance looked at a Bed In Breakfast. (Not our usual thing. We like our own bathroom and privacy.)
I found that they get great reviews!! And they also have private baths and privacy. Now one thing, they don't have an actual breakfast. So know that before hand. Anyhow so we decided to stay at the Ahoy Inn. The price was great. They rooms nice. So close to town. We rented a golf cart and cruised all over the island. It was great. We ate some really great food and just had a blast. We were so glad we didn't scrap this trip. I can say that I don't think I'd go go during the weekend and major tourist season if partying is not your thing. We enjoy having our drinks and relaxing, but some of the stories of the craziness we heard from locals just isn't our thing. We will definitely be coming back as it's only a few hours away. We just will make sure it's a weekday.. lol

2  Thank mcollar
in 7 reviews
"bar hopping"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We took the Jet Express over to Put-In-Bay, South Bass Island on Labor Day. The Jet Express boat was very nice. I thought the ride over was so enjoyable with the wind in our hair and the beautiful scenery around us. The company that runs the Jet Express does a fine job. The boat is extremely well maintained, has friendly folks working the line and is SO punctual on the coming & going times.
Once over on S. Bass Island, Put-In-Bay, we rented a golf cart and drove all over the island which, took us about 1.5 hrs to do. We made a few stops at each of the beaches just to have a look. We had a blast riding around on the carts. After checking out the island, we decided to have lunch on the "Boardwalk" and then did a little
shopping. Everything is right there. Unfortunately we had to leave around 3:00 to head back home for the work week. We definitely want to go back to the island & stay in one of the Put-In-Bay hotels. We would love to check out more of the restaurants & bars in the evening. Definitely looks like a fun place!

1  Thank LindaNuc
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We've been going every year! Read the reviews and watch the weather. A very nice casual island with much happening. Take the Miller Ferry and research all there is to do. The Jet Express offers more time on the island, but is more expensive. There's something for everyone! Lodging is high for the season and many people come for the summer. There is a minimum two night stay on weekends. Lodging is cheaper Sunday through Thursday. The food is great and restaurants have great reviews. A golf cart makes the trip pleasurable. The main park in the downtown area is well maintained. We can't wait to go back and visit the Lonz Winery again and Kelley's Island! Would love to check out St. Hazard's Resort, too!

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Let me just say.. I want to move here.. That should tell you how awesome this place is.. People were super nice, beautiful scenery and overall a fantastic vacation!!