Review Highlights
Fun family time!

This island has a lot to offer for families. We took a morning ferry from Kelley's Island to Put in... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Carrie U
Cabent camping at South Bass Island State Park

I’m the only review of cabents at South Bass Island State Park! We stayed for 3 nights in Cabent 1... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
AlleyArch30
Cleveland, Ohio
via mobile

All reviews rent a golf cart day trip state park key west party place port clinton miller ferry the jet express get away perry's monument south bass party goers driving around great weekend lake erie ferry ride bar hopping
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Beautiful island during the day but turns into a big bachelor/bachelorette party at night. Many things to do during the day, swim in the lake, go boating, rent a kayak or jet ski,enjoy the view from Perry's mounument, learn about the War of 1812 at the Visitor Center and always relax and enjoy the views riding a golf cart or bike.There are caves, lighthouses and Cooke's castle, golfing, camping and 2 activity centers for families. Two great wineries for a relaxing afternoon. Many restaurants,Tippers(by the Beer Barrel) have best value with their nightly specials that include a nice salad bar.If you don't enjoy loud music and noisy crowds of rowdy young adults, don't go into town at night especially on Saturday. However I love to "people watch" and find sitting on a park bench watching the boats dock and a beautiful sunset to be the perfect end to a summer day!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a lovely island with fabulous views. It is a shame that public drunkedness is tolerated and almost expected. Even my 20 something kids were disgusted by the public displays and felt that it was something out of a spring break activity.

There are great wineries to tour, the bay to kayak, other islands to visit - there are things to do other than excessive drinking but it seems to be the activity of choice.

The state park is a free for all - no governance at all.

1  Thank NancyE886
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I can't imagine a whole lot that you would do at Put In Bay other than get drunk. Probably one of the most boring places on earth by my estimation, you have to be drunk to block out the boredom

2  Thank Lor-Gary
Reviewed July 24, 2012

When I first heard about Put-In-Bay, I thought it sounded interesting. But then I heard stories about what a 'party place' it is, especially at night. Being beyond the age of finding all night partying fun, I almost decided against making the trip. But since Lake Erie was the last of the Great Lakes that I hadn't yet seen, and the idea of driving a golf cart around the island sounded like fun, we left our car on the mainland and boarded the Miller Ferry to the island.

We got there early in the morning, and grabbed our shuttle to pick up our golf cart, which can be rented by the hour, day or week. There are many golf cart rentals available on the island to chose from. A helpful hint...if you hve difficulty walking uphill, look for the Miller Ferry man in the golf cart for a complimentary ride up the hill from the ferry dock - it's a killer! Our first stop was the lighthouse, where we enjoyed the view of Lake Erie. We also played miniature golf, went to the top of Perry's Victory & International Peace Memorial, which is a National Monument, and has a beautiful view overlooking the island and lake, did some shopping and had a nice lunch. By late afternoon, the downtown was getting crowded, music was coming from nearly every bar and we had had a very pleasant day. So we took the ferry back at 4pm, feeling as though we had a great day on the island. My suggestion, if you aren't into the "party crowd", go early and enjoy yourself. Put-In-Bay is a fun little get-away.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have always heard about going to Put in Bay and how amazing it is, everyone always said it feels like your on a vacation far from home, well everyone is correct. We went here for the first time and had a fantastic time. We stayed two nights at the state park, worth every penny! You save so much by staying in the state park and its within walking distance(if you're willing to) of all of the bars, otherwise a taxi is $3 a person. This is one of the nicer parks I have stayed in, if you are lucky enough to get a site along the water you may never leave. Keep in mind if you are camping here or coming to visit it is known as a party island I was surprised to see how many young children were wandering around outside the bars at night. We're already looking forward to our next trip here, we spent two days here and only saw a fraction of the island!

2  Thank RK2004