“Graeters, But Not Great”

Graeter's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Powell
Description: Handcrafted for Five Generations Since 1870. Louis and Regina Graeter started handcrafting Graeter's Ice Cream in 1870. Today, generations later, we proudly remain family owned and operated. This is made possible thanks to you, our legion of loyal fans. For a century and a half, Graeter's has remained steadfast in our commitment to making ice cream in 2 gallon French Pots one batch at a time.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Maybe it is delusional remembrance of things past, but it does not seem that the Graeters of today is the Graeters of the past. The products was once very special, and warranted a drive of some distance.

Now, we have been spoiled by Jeni's, a truly innovative product line with phenomenal ingredients in provocative combinations. Graeters is tame in comparison, and seems to have moved its way down to nearer average. On balance, we'd just as soon rather go to Handel's, which is definitely average, and features no indoors seating and serving.

So, Graeters is OK, more or less. But, Handel's is not far from the zoo, and Jeni's is a mere few blocks further on down the road.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Black Raspberry Chip! This is my absolute favorite ice cream at Graeters. It has a nice raspberry flavor and amazing chocolate chunks in it. There are many flavors with chocolate chunks and I love them all. My husband usually gets the mocha chip and the toffee chip is yummy as well. They also have delicious seasonal flavors. One of the best is a summer flavor, peach.
You will often find a long line at Graeters as they are a local favorite. Don't let that stop you from visiting, the lines move quickly!

This is a great place to stop before of after a visit to the Columbus Zoo. It is on the corner of Sawmill and Powell Road. You can also find a delicious dinner next store at City Barbeque!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Their ice cream is always fresh and delicious, and any flavor involving chocolate chunks is a winner. The atmosphere is always friendly. The servers are always efficient.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I had a citrus smoothie, it was great! My friends all got sundaes, they were huge, real whipped cream! Next time I will the sundae, now to decide in the flavors.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

After a long day at the Columbus Zoo we decided to go to Graeters for a delicious bowl of ice cream. If you like ice cream and hate the store bought chemicals and all air cartons of so called ice cream then you will be delighted to know that you still can buy good old fashioned ice cream at Graeters. I had the peach and strawberry and what a delight. Reminded me of the old days when ice cream was made with fresh dairy ingredients. I wish they had stores in the area where I live. If you love ice cream then definitely check out Graeters!