“Sshh, Don't Tell Anyone!”
Review of Hellas Carryout

Hellas Carryout
Ranked #27 of 99 Restaurants in Powell
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Columbus, Ohio
“Sshh, Don't Tell Anyone!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Killer breakfast. Come early, or wait. Plenty of fresh, hot food. Friendly, bustling - like coming home. They are glad to see you, and you'll be glad you came.

• Visited February 2014

Des Moines, Iowa
“Family Restaurant”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our friends took us here for lunch yesterday. It's a neighborhood place...full of friends and families of all sorts. There are picnic tables outside and several within. Two of us ordered the spanakopita and two ordered gyros and fries. It was all delicious...fresh, hot, tasty. We were all curious about one of the specials: Grilled cranberry and walnut muffin. When we asked the waitress to describe it, she said it was "heaven on a plate." She was absolutely right.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jred922
Dublin, Ohio
“Neighborhood atmosphere”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband eats here every week-end. I go occasionally. Went with a friend for brunch. Omelet was very big and good. Overall the food was good and plenty of it. Waitress was good,but,had a lot of tables to wait.

Visited June 2013
NPR, FL
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Some friends took us here for lunch. The place was packed and the hustle bustle was unending. We found some seats and sat down. The service was very good. The food got there pretty fast. I got the corn beef/roast beef sandwich and it was excellent. Actually I could only eat half of it and took the rest home. The wife got a greek salad and she loved it. Everything on the menu sounded great it was hard to choose. My sandwich was packed with lots of delicious corn beef and roast beef layered with melted cheese. Makes me hungry just writing this review. I would say the prices are on the high side of average BUT well worth it for what you get. Sadly I do not live anywhere close to this place but when visiting Columbus I plan on trying them for breakfast. I heard it is the best around. I recommend Hella's to anyone who wants great food and a decent price.

• Visited April 2013
“Great place! Unappreciated gem”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place, wonderful food and reasonable prices.
Only complaint, get a soda dispenser already. $1 for a can of pop sucks.

• Visited September 2012