“Not What I Expected”

Dining options: Breakfast
Columbus, Ohio
“Not What I Expected”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have for many years wanted to check this restaurant out and just recently got to do so. I ordered a Greek inspired burger which is not something I would normally order out but I was in the mood for a burger. Maybe it was that particular choice I made but I was not at all impressed. The burger was not fresh, it seemed to be a pre-made patty that was probably frozen not long before I ordered it. I guess a pre-made patty is ok but the patty tasted like it was previously frozen and had no seasoning. The only thing that saved the burger was the toppings. I am all about second chances and maybe I will return to try something a little more Greek or weekend brunch but I am not in a hurry. My guy also had a problem drinking his beer because it wasn't chilled enough. The place was neat though. I loved looking at all the autographed photos and posters on the walls. The bathroom is also super clean. One of the cleanest bathrooms I have seen!

• Visited December 2013

Maesteg, United Kingdom
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a great restaurant with movie posters and photographs on the wall. This makes for a great diner atmosphere. We had lunch and the staff were really pleasant and helpful. Generous portions of food and a lively lunchtime vibe.

• Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Brunch worth a second visit”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am a sucker for any locally owned places in the asteroid-belts of suburbia. After motoring north of Columbus for an event near Powell, I despaired of finding anything not in a strip-mall or with a menu designed by marketing surveys.

Powell, however, is a little gem of a small Ohio town, and among its facets is Easy Street. I had the corned-beef hash special, and my companions had sandwiches or breakfast items. The menu was impressive and my entree was brought right out, as breakfast or brunch should be, and proved hot and delicious. The beer selection on tap was not so good, mostly American mega-swills, but there was at least one Leinenkugel on tap, hardly a craft beer but a nice Midwestern brew I have always enjoyed.

I'll withhold one star because I'd have loved more varieties of hot sauces, more good beers, and more Greek items. But that is the snotty Easterner talking, who should just have been thankful for a really nice meal from friendly staff in a nice old Midwestern building. We will return!

• Visited October 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Had a great Philly Cheesesteak and large pour wine here”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Enjoyed the outside seating on a nice August afternoon in downtown Powell. I love a good, quality Cheesesteak and so was happy to find it here...complete with jalapeños. Wife had a grilled chicken sand which she liked. Good fries too. And most importantly, appropriately poured wine portion for the price. I liked the place and will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois
“A near-perfect Friday Night”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We decided to dine out in Powell on a Friday night. In the summer, there is a band playing outdoors in the downtown area. You can enjoy the music and the evening at several outdoor café seating areas. We chose Easy Street. The food was good, the service was certainly acceptable for as busy as they were. We were seated very close to the street - which still was carrying homeward-bound commuter traffic - noisy but within range of acceptability. Between the band and the traffic, conversations was rather limited as the noise made it all a bit difficult. However, if you chose to be seated outside, near a road with lots of traffic, you have to expect some inconvenience - it's not you didn't know! The food was good, reasonable and everyone in our party as satisfied - both with the experience, the cost and the food.

• Visited July 2013