Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

550elisew
Powell, Ohio
via mobile

2,281 results
All reviews jack hanna water park polar bear africa exhibit dinosaur island north america boat ride pony rides animal habitats cheetah run wild lights wide variety of animals african safari christmas lights different areas great exhibits whole family
Reviewed yesterday

My family loves this zoo. It's one of the better ones we've gone to. We could watch the polar bears play all day! The gorillas and the koala were highlights too. It's set up to have interesting exhibits and allow the animals enough room to roam and not just be caged in in several areas. There were lots of demonstrations and teaching opportunities too. With some smaller zoos, we just spend a couple of hours and leave. This one takes a good part of the day to really go through without skipping things.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We are members and we absolutely love it. My favorite part is the Africa exhibit where you can watch the cheetah run and feed the giraffes. It’s a blast! Oh and our daughter loves it too!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Nice cold day to visit the zoo sun shining. $10 to park. Full price paid to get in. Staff pleasant. Walking through the whole zoo many exhibits closed. I understand it’s November but the staff could have mentioned that little fact. The animals we did see were in areas that were big and just like they were in the wild. That was nice to see. The gorilla house was the big draw with Zara the one year old and the others from toddler to teen. Great to watch. Some food areas open. High priced per usual. Great time just slightly disappointed

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is a huge zoo. We did not realize just how big until we parked the minivan. There will be lots of walking so put on comfortable shoes. We were there for 5 hours. Our teenagers were impressed especially when we went into the enclosures. I personnally enjoyed the train ride. We will try to visit again.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We've visited the Columbus Zoo several times now and will keep coming back. It's a great zoo with lots to see. I feel like the staff really cares about the animals and conservation issues. Any staff members that we encountered during our visits were knowledgeable and very friendly. Our most recent visit was a little disappointing however. We didn't realize that they close part of the African section of the zoo in November. While I understand that some of those animals cannot tolerate the cooler weather, the zoo had a barrier up blocking the back section of this part of the zoo and I could see the leopards out in their yard. The hyenas were also out in their yard but we could only catch a glimpse of them. Why not allow visitors to walk back to that section if the animals are out. We traveled 4 hours for our visit and just wish we could have seen more. We will be back again next year but will be sure it's during the warmer months.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I highly Recommend a visit to the zoo. In my personal opinion this is in the top 3 zoos I’ve ever been to. Make sure you wear your walking shoes and enjoy your visit with the animals. Is he was laid out great and the animals are easy to spot and most enclosures. It is very clean and well kept up. There is a food court here so you don’t have to pack a lunch if you don’t want to. There are plenty of picnic areas of things for your kids to do other than view animals. Well done COLUMBUS Zoo!!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great day at the Zoo today, seen some nice animals and even thats is was november, enough to eat and drink in the park. they started to decorate for Christmas, i have seen all the lights they start hanging up, well this is going to be enormous a mystery land with all these lights.

1  Thank Raffie C
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were visiting from out of State and decided to go to the Zoo. We were excited about the aquarium because one of my Sisters has never been to one, so that part of the Zoo was a bit of a let down. It is nice, but I expected it to be bigger with more variety. The day was dismal, but we did not have another day we could go, so we ventured out. The animals were in hiding because of the weather and the dinosaur island ride was closed due to possible thunder and lightening. We still had a great time and admired the wonderful animals. It is very difficult to see them in captivity, so it is a bit of a double edged sword for me. The list of animals is extensive and the grounds and animal areas are clean and inviting. If you are a Zoo lover, this is a great place to go. I would definitely go on a warm autumn or spring day to hopefully enjoy the entire Zoo. Most of the food carts were also closed.

1  Thank Tina G
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Without a doubt this is one of the top two or three Zoo’s in the country. The African Exhibit is worth the entire trip. If your lucky you might even catch a glimpse of Jack Hanna.

1  Thank stofficer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited this zoo recently and was very impressed with the size and openness of most of the enclosures. The safari area was quite large with lots of interaction between species. There is one area that rotates and had talks about ant eaters and cheetahs the day I was there. Since the areas for the animals are large there is lots and lots of walking. The aquarium is small but good. Lots of food choices. Great value for the money.

1  Thank Stephanie M