“Best zoo in the USA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbus Zoo

Columbus Zoo
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Powell
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to more than 11,000 animals representing nearly 600 species from around the globe, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium leads and inspires by connecting people and wildlife. The Zoo complex is a recreational and education destination that includes the 22-acre Zoombezi Bay water park and 18-hole Safari Golf Course. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium also operates the Wilds, a 10,000-acre conservation center and safari park located in southeastern Ohio. The Zoo is a regional attraction with global impact; annually contributing $4 million of privately raised funds to support conservation projects worldwide. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Columbus Zoo has earned Charity Navigator’s prestigious 4-star rating.
Chillicothe, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Best zoo in the USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I both grew up in Ohio and visited to zoo as kids. It was fun then, and it's just as fun now. We don't have kids so when we go to the zoo it's just the two of us. It's always one of my favorite "day-dates". There's so many animals to see, we usually never see it all in one day because we like to take our time. I love the newer exhibits (the polar bears and the Arctic area). Lots and lots of walking so bring comfortable walking shoes.

Visited May 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible Day with the Animals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium was incredible. Don't miss the Kangaroos, Gorillas, Manatees, and Polar Bears. Most enclosures have multiple viewing areas, which provides good views of the animals. Zoo staff and volunteers were knowledgable and helpful. For an additional charge, ride the historic carousel, take a short train trip, or pet stingrays. The food court was crowded, but the food was good with fairly reasonable prices.

Columbus, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worth the membership”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My toddler loves the zoo. We go year round and never get bored as there is so much to see. The membership is the price of going just a few times and gives you the flexibility to go at your kid's pace. Well worth it!

Glendale, California, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Up Close and Cozy @ the Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Columbus Zoo is one of the best I have visited. They offer quality time with the animals and in close proximity. It was the only zoo I have been to that enable you to pet certain animals (including Pink Flamingos). Blew me away to have this kind of close access. I would rate this zoo and the San Diego Zoo as my two favorites that I have visited so far! Excellent for kids and adults. Loved the Sting Ray exhibit. Also, there is lots of places to eat and rest in the shade.

London, Ohio, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Columbus Zoo is the best zoo I have ever attended. Home of Jack Hanna Columbus zoo is 2nd to none. Columbus zoo is always updating and adding new attractions and features.

Visited December 2012

Been to Columbus Zoo? Share your experiences!